[OPLINLIST] question about IRS forms

Stacy Snow ssnow at delawarelibrary.org
Fri Jan 16 09:31:39 EST 2015

At Delaware County District Library, we've only received the Ohio IT 1040
Individual Income Tax Form. We haven't received the form highlighted as the
fourth bullet point, I looked at my order form and it was listed on the
form, but we didn't order any because we haven't needed it previous years.  We
also print off the forms for patrons as needed.

Right now, what concerns me is the second half of that email (see below,
especially the part made bold and underlined). To my interpretation, this
means that they will not be delivering a 1040 Instruction Booklet, which in
the past has been extremely popular.  We have decided to have a copy of the
1040 Instruction Booklet at our reference desk for patron's to look at and
offer to print 10 pages of the 104 pages free for them. In addition to that
other forms and schedules we will print for free .  We are still working on
creating something for our patrons to explain that the IRS is giving
drastically reduced forms and instructions this year and the we will print
most forms and up to 10 pages of the booklet for free. Hopefully there
isn't too much of a patron uproar. But at least at our Main Branch, there
is still a huge group of people who don't use computers and rely on these
paper forms...so people might be upset.

Here is the second half of the email:

No additional products will be available through the TFOP Program. We will
not be sending Form 8635-S, Supplement to Form 8635.

We will fill orders for Forms 1040 and 1040A with the quantities you
requested on your order form earlier this year.  Because Form 1040EZ was
not on this year's order form, we will send you 75% of your Form 1040 A
order quantity. For example, if you ordered 3000 Form 1040 A, we will send
you 2250 Form 1040EZ.  It is not necessary for you to place an order for
Form 1040EZ; we will automatically ship Form 1040EZ to you once the form
becomes available.

*Unfortunately, we are unable to offer Instructions for Forms 1040, 1040A
and 1040EZ. Your patrons can obtain copies of Instructions through*:

   - IRS.gov/Forms <http://www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs> - to view and download
   - IRS.gov/orderforms <http://www.irs.gov/orderforms> - to order tax
   products to be delivered by mail
   - 1-800-829-3676 - to order tax products to be delivered by mail

The decision to reduce the number of tax products available to our TFOP
partners was not made lightly.  We realize this decision is not ideal and
we understand it may impact you and your customers. Please offer
Publication 4604 (EN/SP) to your patrons to help guide them to tax products
and information available on IRS.gov. We apologize for these late program
changes.

--
Stacy Snow
Circulation Supervisor-Delaware Branch