[OPLINLIST] Marshall Coach Red Dawson to Speak At Dover Public Library

Jim Gill director at doverlibrary.org
Thu Jan 7 19:50:03 EST 2016

Please share this unique program with any football fans who may be
interested, especially if they liked the movie  "We Are Marshall."

A Coach In Progress: An Evening with Marshall University's Red Dawson
Friday, January 15 at 7:00 PM
Join former Marshall University football coach Red Dawson for an evening of
discussion and reflection. Dawson will discuss his book, *A Coach in
Progress*, which depicts the catastrophe of the Southern Airways flight
that crashed en route to Huntington, West Virginia in 1970, killing all
seventy-five passengers on board: players, coaches, and boosters of the
Marshall University football team--the worst sports-related air tragedy in
history. Dawson was one of the few coaches & players not on the plane that
night. From this tragedy, the foundation of the Marshall football program
was laid, and it has thrived ever since, culminating with the Thundering
Herd being the winningest NCAA Division I team in the 1990s, as portrayed
in the hit movie *We Are Marshall*. A book signing will follow the program,
which is free and open to all. Call the Dover Public Library at 330-343-6123
to register. Sponsored  by the Canal Dover Association

--

Jim Gill
Director
director at doverlibrary.org