[OPLINLIST] Libraries as Continuous Learning Center

Susan Pieper susanhillpieper at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 09:47:42 EST 2017

Hello all:
The Governor wants to re-brand libraries as "Continuous Learning Centers"
and acknowledges the importance of Ohio's public libraries in the role of
workforce development. I attended a "Workforce Summit" at Northwest State
Community College yesterday where it was said by Ryan Burgess, Director of
the Governor's Office of Workforce  Transformation, "libraries are
positioning to be continuous learning centers." Creating a continuous
learning environment for Ohio's workforce is a key component in the
Governor's plan. Burgess shared the statistics of number of library card
holders and the high usage by the public of Ohio's libraries and spoke of
the libraries being an under-recognized asset.

As we work towards our PLF goals, I believe we should use the Governor's
own plan to emphasize the point of Ohio's public libraries having a seat at
the table of workforce development. Please read the *Governor's Executive
Workforce Board, Building Ohio's Future Workforce Report* at the following
link. Libraries are specifically mentioned on page 18. If anyone is
interested in learning more about the messages of collaboration at this
summit, please contact me.

http://workforce.ohio.gov/Portals/0/Future%20of%20Workforce%20Report.pdf
Listening to:* Close Your Eyes. Hold Hands *by Chris Bohjalian
*Susan Hill Pieper, M.S.L.S.*
*Director/Librarian*
*Paulding County Carnegie Library*
*205 South Main Street*
*Paulding, Ohio 45879*
*(419) 399-2032 - Voice   (419) 399-2114 - Fax*
www.pauldingcountylibrary.com
https://www.facebook.com/PauldingCountyLibrary
<https://www.facebook.com/PauldingCountyLibrary?ref=hl>