[OPLINLIST] Save the Date! OhioNET is diving into data again this summer on 7/20/17

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Jan 26 10:05:21 EST 2017

Please excuse cross-postings.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D277BB.B39C7290]

Mark your calendar to keep diving into data with OhioNET!
Since our last data-related conference in 2015, the landscape has only become more complex and the expectations only greater.  So, we're taking the conversation to the next level.  On July 20, 2017, OhioNET will again present a day of data-related learning for staff from libraries of all sizes and types called Dive Into Data 2: New Skills, New Depths<https://www.ohionet.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=4021&qid=> at the Fawcett Center in Columbus.

What's your goal?
Strong research begins with a well-defined question and answers come from well-planned data collection and analysis. Our conference tracks will introduce you to a variety of research methodologies, approaches and ideas suited for tackling different kinds of research projects and asking different kinds of questions. Each track will focus on a different type of research goal.

Visioning: Where do we go?

How should your library adapt and evolve to meet your community's needs? Learn more about using data to define your library's strategic direction and identify potential new initiatives.

Presentations in this track may cover topics such as environmental scanning, demographic shifts, economic factors, political trends, town halls, focus groups, sticky note sessions, surveys and more.

Decision-making: How do I choose?

Are you faced with a difficult choice, or attempting to persuade others of the right choice? Learn more about using data to gain insights into available options and to prepare a credible, convincing case.

Presentations in this track may cover topics such as analytics, business intelligence, defining acceptable options, risk assessment, avoiding bias, cost-benefit analysis and more.

Evaluating: How are we doing?

Are your existing initiatives achieving your desired goals, or having the intended impact? Learn more about using data to assess the effectiveness of your library's programs and services.

Presentations in this track may cover topics such as goal setting, benchmarking, outcomes, performance measures, evaluation frameworks, satisfaction surveys and more.

Looking for a presentation opportunity?  We want to hear from YOU!

Are you working with data-related tasks and projects or engaged in data-driven decision making?  Looking for a presentation opportunity?  This conference is an opportunity for library staff at any level to share their skills and stories with attendees from academic, public, school, and special libraries of all sizes across Ohio.  We are accepting program proposals through March 1st.  Programs should be 50 minutes in length (including time for questions) and fit into one of the tracks described above.

CLICK HERE <https://www.ohionet.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=4022&qid=> for the online submission form.  Each proposal should include a title, an abstract, and a program description (<400 words).  Program proposals will be reviewed by the committee with selected presenters notified by mid-to-late March.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact....
Shelly S. Miller  |  Community and Training Manager
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Avenue | Columbus, OH 43221-3975
(800) 686-8975 x37  |  shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>