[OPLINLIST] Read the latest issue of the Ohio Libraries Quarterly

marshams@library.ohio.gov via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Thu Jul 13 10:47:50 EDT 2017

Please excuse multiple postings...

I'm pleased to share with you that the latest issue of the Ohio Libraries Quarterly<https://library.ohio.gov/about/publications/ohio-libraries-quarterly/> was recently posted to our website. This issue includes articles about the history of the State Library and our Bicentennial Celebration, the Federal Depository Library Program, and building the case for making and learning in libraries. The "Interview with a Librarian" details Beverly Cain's career path to the State Library and includes photos from her first librarian position at Medina County District Library to today.

Click  here<https://library.ohio.gov/quarterly/vol-6-issue-2-state-library-ohio-celebrating-200-years-library-services-ohio/> for options on viewing the Ohio Libraries Quarterly, Vol. 6, Issue 2.

Table of Contents

Interview with a Librarian: State Librarian Beverly Cain
A Bicentennial Celebration
WWI Books to Soldiers Program
A Brief History of the Summer Reading Program
Making and Learning Go Hand in Hand
Ohio's State Librarians
Evolving Reference Services
Chronicling 200 Years of Service: Writing the State Library's Bicentennial Book
The Federal Depository Library Program
Budgets & Acquisitions: Advancements & Adjustments
Establishing, Expanding, and Relocating the State Library
Celebrating Milestones
The Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) & Ohio
I hope you enjoying reading the Ohio Libraries Quarterly.

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney
Director, Marketing & Communications
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201