[OPLINLIST] Registering funds at the front desk

Penny Neubauer via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Tue May 9 15:32:44 EDT 2017

Hi all—

We have eliminated the monstrous cash registers from our front desks, have gone fine free and don’t charge for faxing so we handle very little money at our front desks.  Yet we are not confident that our record keeping for cash receipts at our service desks is up to muster. We are currently tallying on paper the occasional large print job, reimbursements for lost or damaged books, and resale of merchandise such as earbuds and flash drives.

Does anyone out there have advice as to how we might do this differently?

I thank you in advance.

Penny Neubauer
Director/Deputy Fiscal Officer
Ashtabula County District Library