[OPLINLIST] Registering funds at the front desk

Paris Robertson via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Wed May 10 09:03:08 EDT 2017

No there wasn’t an attachment –

“Paypal Here” is the name of the app.  It doesn’t cost anything to use and you can get it from the Apple’s app store. (There’s probably an android version too but I’ve never looked)

We invested in an IPAD mini, a locking mounting stand for the circ desk and a chip card Bluetooth reader.

If you accept credit cards with it the fees are very affordable especially for a library where traditional merchant accounts hit you with tons of fees.

Even if you decide not to use the credit card portion (or paypal payment portion, or NFC (near field communication portion like Apple Pay)) you can still just use it as a miniature cash register.  We have different categories set up in the app so at the end of the day the circ people can easily balance the cash drawer from the reports generated by the app (also available online which is convenient) and the fiscal officer gets a nice emailed report about how much revenue was collected for each category for that day.

It will even create revenue graphs per hour so you can see when your “busiest” times are.

We used to use a hand tallied notepad in a cash drawer.  It’s an amazing improvement.

Hope this helps.  Contact me if you need further info!

Paris E. Robertson, Technology Coordinator

Logo USCL WinnerUpper Sandusky Community Library

301 N. Sandusky Ave.

Upper Sandusky, OH  43351

419-294-1345 (Voice)

419-294-4499 (Fax)