[OPLINLIST] OPLIN Director retiring

Stephen Hedges via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Mon May 22 13:31:01 EDT 2017

Over the past few months, I have seen many of you at various meetings
and had the opportunity to share the news that I will be retiring as
OPLIN Director at the end of this September. Unfortunately, I have not
had the chance to tell everyone about this in person. As Bilbo Baggins
might say, "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like."

It has been an honor and a great pleasure to serve as OPLIN Director,
and were it not for the fact that I have been too stubborn to move to
Columbus, and have thus been commuting from Athens every day, I would
eagerly continue to serve. The OPLIN staff is so talented and
dedicated to helping libraries that managing the OPLIN shop has been a
daily joy. But after over 400,000 miles of commuting, I am looking
forward to just lurking around Athens for a while.

Although I am retiring, the exceptional OPLIN staff is not, and the
OPLIN Board will still be providing excellent guidance. OPLIN will
continue to improve services to Ohio's public libraries without any
pause. Together with you, I am eager to discover what new things OPLIN
will be doing in the future.

Stephen
--
Stephen Hedges
Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network