[OPLINLIST] Readers Advisory help

Jen Coventry via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Thu Oct 5 16:51:59 EDT 2017

*Please excuse the cross-posting*.

I had a teen today looking for YA fiction with horses. I know there are
tons of horse books for children and middle grades, but I am finding little
for the older teens.

She said that she does not want anything like Black Stallion (she wants
contemporary stories) and she does not like Dandi Daley Mackall (both my
go-to horse book suggestions). She also does not want fantasy or similar
genres (I recommended "The Scorpio Races"), just a straight story with
horses.

I am coming up empty. What else is there? I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

--

Jennifer Coventry, MLIS, *Certified Public Librarian*
Wadsworth Public Library
jennifer.coventry at wadsworthlibrary.com
330.334.5761  <3303345761>ext. 257

132 Broad Street, Wadsworth, OH 44281