[OPLINLIST] Leftover SRP T-Shirts and More!

Susan Pieper via OPLINLIST oplinlist at lists.oplin.org
Wed Sep 13 14:17:03 EDT 2017

Hey Ya'll!
Kids love winning t-shirts, no matter what the theme, saying, time of year,
etc. You can still have "count the number of jelly beans" or marbles or
whatever and give as a prize. You can make up silly contests and give as a
prize. I still wear my SRP t-shirts from years ago... they are just fun.

We also just found some old "passports" from a past SRP event in our "Way
Back Room" (this is a small room beyond the boiler that used to house coal
but now is home to a variety of props, theme-based programming tubs,
cardboard standups and a plethora of treasures). We are pulling them out
and our Children's team is going to repurpose.

Speaking of SRP, I route all my professional journals to my team. The
children's manager just shared an idea from a recent Association of Library
Service to Children (ALSC) magazine about turning your library into a
"vacation destination" for those kids who do not go on vacation. We were
brainstorming and came up with a possible "Travelogue for Children" series.
We would show a brief video about a country, let's say Sweden, then we
would share musical instruments, a dance, snacks and other Swedish
traditions. We think that might be a fun program for 2018, Libraries Rock!

Have a happy "hump" day. There is so much to be happy about (except ending
a sentence in a preposition).
Susan
*Listening on Audio Book: The 14th Colony by Steve Berry. Read by Scott
Brick.*
*Susan Hill Pieper, M.S.L.S.*
*Director/Librarian*
*Paulding County Carnegie Library*
*205 South Main Street*
*Paulding, Ohio 45879*
*(419) 399-2032 - Voice   (419) 399-2114 - Fax*
www.pauldingcountylibrary.com
https://www.facebook.com/PauldingCountyLibrary
<https://www.facebook.com/PauldingCountyLibrary?ref=hl>