[OPLINLIST] Have you Resolved to Sharpen your Cataloging Skills? OhioNET's Foundational Basics Series Starts in January!

Heidi Beke-Harrigan heidib at ohionet.org
Wed Dec 12 11:44:33 EST 2018

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D49210.0E1F6EA0]

If you'd like to brush up on your cataloging, start 2019 by revisiting the basics. This course provides a solid foundation for our other cataloging training sessions. In this first set of sessions, presenter Sarah Schaff explains basic cataloging concepts and processes for copy catalogers, and demonstrates how to describe our most numerous resource--books!  Each session includes dedicated practice and searching time, brief quizzes, and other learning engagement opportunities. Perfect for anyone who is new to copy cataloging or returning to cataloging responsibilities. Click the title links below for more information about each session and to register. Please feel free to pass this information along to anyone in your organization that could use a cataloging refresher.
Basic Cataloging Overview (Session 1)<https://www.ohionet.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=5789&qid=406340>
Tuesday, January 15th from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Meet MARC (Session 2)<https://www.ohionet.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=5790&qid=406340>
Tuesday, January 29th from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
RDA vs. AACR2 (Session 3)<https://www.ohionet.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=5791&qid=406340>
Tuesday, February 12th from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM

Can't make it in real time?  Sign up and be sure to get link to view the recording of this session at your convenience.

New training sessions for 2019 are being added to the schedule daily. Head to the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming learning opportunities.

If you find yourself with questions about this, or any of our other CE offerings, please don't hesitate to contact us (ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>).  We're always happy to help!

"See" you soon,

Heidi

Heidi Beke-Harrigan, MLS, CPL
Member Services Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
614-484-1068 | 800-686-8975, ext. 28
heidib at ohionet.org<mailto:heidib at ohionet.org> | www.ohionet.org
Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities
[chis1]