[OPLINLIST] Join us for this FREE webinar featuring Burbio—a customizable, community-based event calendar

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Dec 27 14:30:00 EST 2018

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D49DF0.A53A24B0]

Many of us spend a lot of time and money to maintain public event calendars, post to social media, send out newsletters, email patrons and more to help get the word out about our events and services. And most are probably not interested in adding to our to-do our lists. But, what if there was a service that automatically pulled your existing event data and posted it to a community-based, customizable calendar feed?  What if that service automatically sent reminders and event updates?  What if that service offered secure log-ins and both web-based and app-based interfaces? Better yet, what if it was free?

Learn how you can get the most out of your promotion and marketing investments with a new, community-based event aggregator, Burbio (www.burbio.com<http://www.burbio.com>). Free to schools, libraries, government agencies, and non-profits, Burbio partners with institutions to automatically pull existing event data, send reminders and updates, and let users explore all kinds of community events in one place.  In addition to a demonstration of the platform, attendees will also hear perspectives from Ohio library staff already working with Burbio.

This webinar is free and open to all staff working in Ohio libraries.

Keep Your Community Connected with Burbio<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=478>
Wednesday, Feb. 6th, 2 PM to 3 PM
Presenters: Beth Talamas (Burbio, Inc.), Michelle Alleman (McKinley Memorial Library), Jessica Horlacher (Public Library of Mt. Vernon and Knox County), and Rebecca Wilden (Bucyrus Public Library)

Looking for more sessions in our Cultivating Connections series?  Click the title link for more information. Head to our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calednar> for the complete listing of all our currently available events.

Feeding Hungry Minds and Bodies: Food Security Resources for Libraries<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=477>
Wednesday, Jan. 23rd, 2 PM to 3 PM
Presenters: Janet Ingraham Dwyer (State Library of Ohio), Shane Hoffman (Plain City Public Library), Kate McCartney (Marysville Public Library), and Sarah Schaff (Denison University)

If you find yourself with questions about these or any of OhioNET’s other events, don’t hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>.  We’re always happy to help.

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller, MLIS
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37
www.ohionet.org

Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities