[OPLINLIST] Job Posting - Dayton Metro Library

Jennifer Kadel JEly at daytonmetrolibrary.org
Thu May 10 13:27:02 EDT 2018

Teen Services Librarian
West Carrollton Branch
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a knowledgeable, flexible, and highly self-motivated full-time Teen Services Librarian for our West Carrollton Branch Library, which is currently being renovated.  Scheduled to be open in early fall 2018, the branch will feature a dedicated area for teens that includes unique seating, a gaming system, and collaborative spaces for teens to gather.  The branch will also have a dedicated children's area, a quiet reading room, a community room, and plenty of small group study rooms.  The successful candidate will enjoy established relationships with the schools and community organizations and strive to enhance those relationships in new ways.  The Dayton Metro Library provides proactive customer service to our patrons in a fast-paced environment, and we are looking for someone to continue this tradition of excellence.  The Teen Services Librarian develops and delivers all teen programming for those in grades 7-12 at the branch and assists all patrons with their information needs.  Join our team today!
Essential Job Duties

*         Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service. Creates a welcoming atmosphere in the Teen area through personal presence and the area's design.

*         Provides all library users with assistance in reference, general readers' advisory, information literacy, and in the use of library materials and reference resources (all formats). Serves at the public service desk and in a roaming capacity.

*         Assists patrons in finding and selecting library materials and in the use of the public computers, personal electronic devices, and library virtual materials.

*         Designs, promotes, presents and evaluates teen programs and activities that address community needs and incorporate library resources.

*         Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies, or other organizations related to teens. Provides library outreach programs and school visits which meet community needs.

*         Maintains attractive appearance of the Teen area in accordance with safety and ADA requirements. Creates displays to promote library use.

*         Assists with the daily operations of the circulation desk, including opening and closing duties.

Job Qualifications

*         Knowledge of professional library principles, methods, techniques and procedures.

*         Knowledge and appreciation of teen literature, periodicals, audio-visual materials, web sites, social media and other electronic media, and materials. Knowledge of available teen materials and readers' interests.

*         Ability to plan and implement programs for teens.

*         Knowledge of available and emerging technologies and their application to teen services.

*         MLS/MLIS (preferred) or its equivalent in education and experience is required.

*         Schedule includes daytime, evening and Saturday hours.

Compensation and Benefits:  Starting hourly wage is $20.46 ($22.91 with an MLS/MLIS) with an exceptional benefits package.

Application Process:  For first consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at careers at daytonmetrolibrary.org<mailto:careers at daytonmetrolibrary.org> by May 22, 2018.

The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

[cid:image001.png at 01D0186B.B3E83010]

JENNIFER KADEL
Recruitment and Retention Manager
DaytonMetroLibrary.org<http://www.daytonmetrolibrary.org/>
P: 937.496.8588 *  F: 937.496.4302

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
-J.K. Rowling