[OPLINLIST] Last chance for Copyright Basics: Overview & Review

Heidi Beke-Harrigan heidib at ohionet.org
Wed Feb 20 12:26:48 EST 2019

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D4C917.8CA48510]

Copyright issues are common in library land, but it's easy to feel overwhelmed by all the considerations and exceptions.  This introductory session in our series will provide all the foundational vocabulary and concepts you'll need to take advantage of our whole set of webinars.  Attendees will discuss what is/not copyrightable, ownership & duration of copyright, author's rights, and infringement pitfalls.
Copyright Basics: Overview & Review<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=485>
Tuesday, February 26, 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Can't make it in real-time?  Sign up and be sure to get the link to review the recording of our online sessions at your convenience.

Got copyright questions?  Our webinar series presenter, Carla Myers, has created a regular column for our newsletter to answer them.  Use the following link to submit your question today: https://www.ohionet.org/your-copyright-questionsanswered

Looking for more sessions in the Preservation & Access series?  Here's a list of all our upcoming events, or you can always head to the Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calednar> for a full listing of all our available sessions.

Digitization Basics 1: Plan Before You Scan<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=500&reset=1>
Tuesday, March 5, 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Presenter: Jenni Salamon (Ohio History Connection)

Basic Book Repair Workshop<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=479&reset=1>*
Wednesday, April 17, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM (registration closes April 3)
*In-person attendees only, no recording will be available.
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Kahn (MBK Consulting)

Copyright in Action: Understanding Fair Use<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=486&reset=1>
Wednesday, April 24, 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Presenter: Carla Myers (Miami University Libraries)

Digitization Basics 2: Tools and Techniques<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=502&reset=1>
Wednesday, May 8, 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Presenters: Jenni Salamon & Lily Birkhimer (Ohio History Connection)

Advanced Book Repair and Structure Workshop<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=480&reset=1>*
Thursday, May 23, 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM (registration closes May 9)
*In-person attendees only, no recording will be available.
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Kahn (MBK Consulting)

If you find yourself with questions, please don't hesitate to contact us (ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>). We're always happy to help!

"See" you soon,

Heidi

Heidi Beke-Harrigan, MLS, CPL
Member Services Librarian
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
614-484-1068 | 800-686-8975, ext. 28
heidib at ohionet.org<mailto:heidib at ohionet.org> | www.ohionet.org
Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities
[chis1]