[OPLINLIST] Last chance to refresh your basic cataloging skills and prepare for other topics in our Fundamentals of Cataloging series

Heidi Beke-Harrigan heidib at ohionet.org
Tue Jan 8 10:46:37 EST 2019

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D4A73F.6E122C50]

Our long-running series of cataloging training continues in 2019 with an overview of both original and copy-cataloging best practices.  Whether you’re new to cataloging or looking for a refresher, these two sets of webinars will get you up to speed.  Click the title links to register and get more information.

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Introduction & Basic Description series
This first set of webinars explains basic cataloging concepts and processes for copy catalogers and demonstrates how to describe our most numerous resources—books! This series serves as an excellent stepping stone for later cataloging sessions. Series presenter: Sarah Schaff, Denison University Libraries.

Basic Cataloging Overview<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=492&reset=1>, Tuesday, Jan. 15, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Meet MARC<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=493&reset=1>, Tuesday, Jan. 29, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
RDA vs. AACR2<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=494&reset=1>, Tuesday, Feb. 2, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Introduction to Original Cataloging series
Got local or unique items in need of records?  Our newest webinar series returns to provide an overview of the skills and knowledge needed to create MARC records from scratch.  Attendees to this session MUST have copy-cataloging experience or have taken the Introduction & Basic Description webinars. Series presenter: Misty Alvaro, Upper Arlington Public Library.

Basics of Original Cataloging<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=481&reset=1>, Tuesday, Mar. 26, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Simplifying Original Cataloging Workflows with Tools<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=482&reset=1>, Tuesday, Apr. 2, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Tricks, Resources, and Practice for Original Cataloging<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=484&reset=1>, Tuesday, Apr. 16, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM

Can't make it in real-time?  Sign up and be sure to get the link to review the recording of our session at your convenience. As always, you can head to the Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calednar> for a full listing of all our currently available events.

If you find yourself with questions about this, or any of our other CE offerings, please don't hesitate to contact us (ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>).  We're always happy to help!

“See” you soon,

Heidi

Heidi Beke-Harrigan, MLS, CPL
Member Services Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
614-484-1068 | 800-686-8975, ext. 28
heidib at ohionet.org<mailto:heidib at ohionet.org> | www.ohionet.org
Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities
[chis1]