[OPLINLIST] Job Posting - Dayton Meto Library

Jennifer Kadel JEly at daytonmetrolibrary.org
Fri Jan 11 10:09:15 EST 2019

Information Services Assistant (Technology Emphasis)
Burkhardt Branch Library

The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a full-time Information Services Assistant (Technology Emphasis) for our Burkhardt Branch Library.  The Burkhardt Branch is slated to be replaced by a brand new facility in a couple of years.  The ideal candidate will be comfortable learning new technologies and teaching both basic and more advanced technology skills to patrons and staff, either in a classroom or in a one-on-one setting. Above all, we are looking for an individual who naturally provides proactive customer service and appreciates a diverse community and all it has to offer.  Join our team today!

Essential Job Duties

  *   Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service.  Proactively provides assistance at all service points as needed.
  *   Provides library users with assistance in reference, readers' advisory, and in the use of public computers, personal electronic devices and library virtual materials.
  *   Provides instruction to patrons and employees. Conducts public training sessions in computer applications, personal electronic devices and virtual library services.

*         Serves as liaison with Information Technology Services. Troubleshoots and maintains automation/electronic equipment.

  *   Under the direction of the manager(s)/librarian(s), plans, develops and promotes programs and services to meet the informational and recreational needs of the community.

*         Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies.
*         May serve with one or more specialty emphasis such as teen, children's or adult services.

*         Performs circulation responsibilities and related activities as needed.
*         Assists with opening and closing duties.

  *   Under the direction of a manager, may assist with collection development activities such as redistribution, purchase suggestions or preliminary de-selection.

*         May create displays to promote library use.

*         Submits required reports and budget requests. May serve on library committees.

Job Qualifications

*         Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.

*         Valid Ohio driver's license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required. Ability to determine patron information needs and construct a competent and complete search strategy.

*         Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.

*         General knowledge of PC equipment required.

*         Fluency with personal electronic devices and library virtual materials required.

*         Ability to deal effectively with challenging individuals and/or situations.

*         Schedule includes day, evening and Saturday hours.

Compensation and Benefits:  Starting hourly wage is $17.03 with an exceptional benefits package.

Application Process:  For first consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three employment references to careers at daytonmetrolibrary.org<mailto:careers at daytonmetrolibrary.org> by January 22, 2019.

[cid:image001.png at 01D0186B.B3E83010]

JENNIFER KADEL
Recruitment and Retention Manager
DaytonMetroLibrary.org<http://www.daytonmetrolibrary.org/>
P: 937.496.8588 *  F: 937.496.4302

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
-J.K. Rowling