[OPLINLIST] Message for SNAP recipients re. early delivery of Feb. benefits

jdwyer at library.ohio.gov jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Tue Jan 15 14:51:49 EST 2019

Cross-posted. Please excuse duplication.

Good afternoon,

We are sharing this information from the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services:

"February SNAP Delivered Early.  Customers who use SNAP EBT should keep in mind that February food dollars will be issued on January 16, 2019 because of the partial federal government shutdown.  This means that you may have two months' worth of food dollars on your account this month.  No food dollars will be added in February.  The early food dollars are meant to help with next month's food.  We encourage Ohio SNAP-participating customers to plan their purchases carefully so that they have money available to meet all their food needs."

The State Library is making available a simple flyer that you may choose to post in your library to help spread the word:
https://library.ohio.gov/documents/snap-announcement-january-16-2019/

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D4ACE1.D6408A40]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer
Library Consultant
274 E. 1st Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201
Tel: 614-644-6910
Fax: 614-466-3584
jdwyer at library.ohio.gov<mailto:jdwyer at library.ohio.gov>
http://library.ohio.gov<http://library.ohio.gov/>
http://library.ohio.gov/youth-services
[cid:image002.png at 01CE3601.569A19D0]<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOhio>  [Description: Twitter logo - links to the State Library of Ohio's Twitter page] <http://twitter.com/statelibohio>   [Description: Blog logo - Links to the State Library of Ohio's blog] <http://library.ohio.gov/blog/>   [cid:image005.png at 01CE3601.569A19D0] <http://pinterest.com/stlibohio/>
Share Your Story<http://library.ohio.gov/state-librarian/share-your-story> by telling us how a State Library service or resource helped you or your library.