[OPLINLIST] Employee Finances/Medical Expenses Assistance Inquiry

Cody Addy CAddy at nctlib.org
Thu Jan 24 13:26:09 EST 2019

Hello all,

By chance would any of you have some wisdom or possible solutions to offer?

Well, this is a first for me. I have an older employee that is of retirement age, but has needed to work due to financial needs at home. Recently, she and her husband have lost some of their assistance. Basically, social security/retirement and assistance is not enough to help with medical prescriptions. She wants/needs to work, but if she continues working they will not be able to afford to live. They already live minimally and to cut back is not possible.

My question... Is anyone aware of anything that she may file that might offer an alternative assistance for her and/or her husband so she may continue to work the basic amount? After many years of hard work, she has finally "found her dream job being part of a library family" and we would hate to see her go.

Any direction or information that I may pass along to her would be greatly appreciated. She is not sure where to turn and I do not have advise to give. I am going to have her sit down with our FO and OPERS to see if they might have information to offer as well.

Thank you,

D. Cody Addy
Executive Director
[New Banner]