[OPLINLIST] Reminder: One Week Out from the 2019 OhioNET eResources Preview

Carrie Waibel carriew at ohionet.org
Fri Jan 25 12:38:26 EST 2019

Greetings,

We are now one week out from the 2019 OhioNET eResources Preview, which will be available from Friday, February 1 through Thursday, February 28.  In preparation for the Preview, we would like to remind users of how to access the trials page.

What is the preview?  It is a free month long trial period on the OhioNET site where all Ohio libraries (not just OhioNET members) can view subscription and database content from a litany of vendors for free, without any outside pressure.  Vendors often extend special discounts during this time if you purchase through OhioNET, and it’s a great opportunity to “shop around” and compare your resource options.

Users will need to login to their existing OhioNET account, or to create one by visiting https://www.ohionet.org/user.  With a unique OhioNET login, users can update contact information, register for continuing education, and access the annual database preview. More information about how to use your OhioNET account can be found here: https://tinyurl.com/ybx3qaz3.

Since new accounts need to be approved manually to ensure we are appropriately providing access to these resources, we appreciate your patience as we authenticate them.  Signing up for an account before February 1 will ensure your immediate ability to access the Preview once it goes live, but we will authenticate users any time.  Please be sure to sign up with your institution’s e-mail address instead of a personal one, as memberships are verified at the institutional level.

Renewals for existing subscribers will continue to appear in a separate portal at http://www2.ohionet.org/ref_renew2.php, although we are planning to launch a new renewal service in early 2019.  More information about that transition will be sent out separately in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.  This preview is meant to serve you and your libraries, so your feedback is always welcome.
--
Carrie L. Waibel, MLS
Electronic Resources Program Manager