[OPLINLIST] Job Posting - Dayton Metro Library

Jennifer Kadel JEly at daytonmetrolibrary.org
Fri Jan 25 13:38:37 EST 2019

Information Services Assistant
Main Library
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a full-time Information Services Assistant for our Youth Services areas (Children's and Teen) of the Main Library in downtown Dayton, Ohio.  Open since August 2017, the Main Library boasts a beautiful and engaging children's area complete with a fairy tale bridge and free play area. Technology offerings include the latest children's and teen gaming consoles, AWE game computers and tablets, and PCs and Macs for homework or internet browsing. The selected candidate will report to the Youth Services Manager and will be part of the Main Library's Youth Services' Team.  The successful candidate will be experienced in developing age-appropriate programming as well as offering exceptional customer service to our patrons.  We especially want to hear from you if you work well in a team setting, enjoy collaboration, and would love to spend every day working alongside a group of supportive, dedicated youth services professionals.  If you have ever wanted to specialize in serving youth (infants through teens), now is your chance!

Essential Job Duties

  *   Demonstrates excellent internal and external customer service.  Proactively provides assistance at all service points as needed.
  *   Provides library users with assistance in reference, readers' advisory, and in the use of public computers, personal electronic devices and library virtual materials.
  *   Under the direction of the manager(s)/librarian(s), plans, develops and promotes programs and services to meet the informational and recreational needs of the community.

*         Provides service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies.

  *   May serve with one or more specialty emphasis such as teen, children's or adult services.

*         Performs circulation responsibilities and related activities as needed.

  *   Assists with opening and closing duties.
  *   Under the direction of a manager, may assist with collection development activities such as redistribution, purchase suggestions or preliminary deselection.

*         May create displays to promote library use.

*         Submits required reports and budget requests. May serve on library committees.

Job Qualifications

*         Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.

*         Valid Ohio driver's license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required.

*         Ability to determine patron information needs and construct a competent and complete search strategy.

*         Ability to develop programs and services to meet community needs.

*         Knowledge of adult, teen, and children's materials and reader's interests.

*         General knowledge of PC equipment required.

*         Fluency with personal electronic devices and library virtual materials required.

*         Knowledge of circulation policies procedures.

*         Ability to deal effectively with challenging individuals and/or situations.

*         Schedule includes day time, evening, and Saturday hours.

Compensation and Benefits:  Starting hourly wage is $17.03 and an exceptional benefits package.

The Dayton Metro Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Application Process:  For first consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three employment references to Jennifer Kadel at careers at daytonmetrolibrary.org<mailto:careers at daytonmetrolibrary.org> by January 29, 2019.

[cid:image001.png at 01D0186B.B3E83010]

JENNIFER KADEL
Recruitment and Retention Manager
DaytonMetroLibrary.org<http://www.daytonmetrolibrary.org/>
P: 937.496.8588 *  F: 937.496.4302

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
-J.K. Rowling