[OPLINLIST] Ohio Public Libraries Reopening in the Midst of the COVID-19 Pandemic Survey Responses

marshams at library.ohio.gov marshams at library.ohio.gov
Fri Aug 14 11:45:55 EDT 2020

Please excuse multiple postings...

The State Library of Ohio is pleased to present the first round of responses to our Ohio Public Libraries Reopening in the Midst of the COVID-19 Pandemic<http://library.ohio.gov/documents/ohio-public-library-covid-19-reopening-survey-data/> Survey.

We are collecting data from public libraries on reopening after COVID-19 to capture a snapshot of where we are today. Topics of interest in the survey include:

  *   Services currently being offered
  *   Procedures implemented for handling library materials
  *   Modifications to the library's physical environment

"Public libraries in Ohio are doing an incredible job pivoting throughout the COVID-19 pandemic by providing vital services and resources to their communities in a variety of new ways," expressed State Librarian Wendy Knapp. "While striving to provide equity of access, libraries have effectively and efficiently stretched resources and leveraged partnerships."

As things are changing rapidly, the State Library will update the results of the survey regularly. To submit a new response, please visit our survey website<https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=xPz4UNiUB0-E6zbtV8fIonpv2DANSqtOiakood9iH2FUMkpSN1BTM1JKTDcyTElRMklVV1lBRjROUi4u>. To update a survey with new information you may 1) fill out the survey again (you can skip to questions where there's a new answer) OR 2) send the update to Kirstin Krumsee at Kkrumsee at library.ohio.gov<mailto:Kkrumsee at library.ohio.gov>.

"While Ohio libraries work to define their roles in our communities in the future, data collected now can be used in decision making today," explained Knapp.  "Please continue to provide us with updates as your services evolve and thank you for all you've done for your communities."

###
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D6716D.C51D3D10]
Marsha McDevitt-Stredney, Ph.D.
Public Information Officer