[OPLINLIST] Reminder: 2020 Ohio Summer Library Program Evaluation survey now open

jdwyer at library.ohio.gov jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Mon Aug 24 09:09:30 EDT 2020

Cross-posted. Please excuse duplication.

Good morning,

Thanks to the 100+ librarians who have submitted the 2020 Ohio Summer Library Program Evaluation survey on behalf of their libraries. If your library's survey isn't yet in, please complete it at your earliest convenience when your summer library program is over:
www.surveymonkey.com/r/slpeval2020<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/slpeval2020>

Each year, the State Library asks all Ohio public libraries to report on their SLP. The survey is a bit different this year. Please complete it so we can document, share, and discuss this one-of-a-kind summer. Your participation in the 2020 Ohio SLP Evaluation Survey helps us collect, share, and learn from the experiences of libraries operating an SLP in current conditions. As it does each year, your participation also allows us to tell stakeholders and decision-makers how summer programs and activities provided by public libraries positively impact children, teens, families, adults, and communities.

Please complete the 2020 Ohio SLP Evaluation survey at the end of your library's SLP and no later than October 5:
www.surveymonkey.com/r/slpeval2020<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/slpeval2020>

This year's survey is shorter than before - just 12 questions, of which most are optional. It can take as little as a minute to do the minimum, 3-5 minutes if you share your numbers and have them ready at hand, longer if you have stories or details to share (which we hope you do!). The 2019 survey included 14 questions and took, on average, 18 minutes.

While the public health emergency brought huge constraints and challenges, Ohio library workers have a long history of producing excellent, engaging summer library programs, often with limited resources. We believe that some practices, ideas, and innovations you experimented with this summer will become standard practice for SLP long after the COVID-19 pandemic is over. We look forward to receiving and sharing your stories about your 2020 SLP experience. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Janet

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D658F5.7DE74A70]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer