[OPLINLIST] Soft Launch of New Platform for Literature Collection

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Wed Aug 26 16:44:50 EDT 2020

A feature of the Ohio Web Library collection of statewide databases is
about to get a makeover. The American and English Literature Collections,
originally purchased by the Libraries Connect Ohio partnership (OPLIN,
OhioLINK, INFOhio, and the State Library) will be moving to a new platform.
I've attached an FAQ, but here are the highlights.

The new platform is BiblioBoard, and the content has been migrated to ePub
format.

You can see the new platform at
https://ohioweblibrary.org/db/literature-beta. I don't recommend changing
your links yet, but we're providing the beta link for you to take a look.
At a later date, we will point the current link to the Literature
Collection at the new platform; you won't have to change links on your site.

Currently, there is no full-text searching across the collection, but that
is in development. There is full-text searching of individual titles when
the user is in that title.

Some content was not able to be migrated; OhioLINK is working on a solution.

If you encounter problems or have questions that haven't been answered by
the attached FAQ, please reach out.

                    Don Yarman
                    Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network
                    2323 W Fifth Ave Suite 130, Columbus OH 43204
                    don at oplin.ohio.gov | 614.728.5250