[OPLINLIST] Library Aide, Job BA, Part Time, Middletown, OH

Terri Manney tmanney at midpointelibrary.org
Mon Feb 24 16:06:57 EST 2020

Library Aide, Job BA, Part Time, Middletown, OH

Busy library needs Aide!

Hours

20 hours per week with a varying schedule, primarily morning and afternoon shifts

Starting Rate of Pay

$8.70 - 9.42 per hour, pay depends on experience.

Benefits

Ohio Public Employees Retirement System retirement plan and direct deposit; eligibility for dental and vision insurance; paid time off; paid holiday's; employee assistance plan, and more.

More Information & To Apply

For more information & to apply, complete a required MidPointe Library System employment application found at: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6138957.jobs?ShowAllOpenings. A resume and cover letter may be uploaded to your application.

Brief Description

Provide excellent customer service to all patrons

in a positive, helpful, and friendly manner.

Shelve library materials according to the Dewey Decimal system or alphabetically.

Maintain the shelves by shifting materials.

Pull books from shelves for holds and discards.

Check materials in using the automated sorting machine.

Answer directional questions.

Clerical duties and other duties as assigned.

To Be Successful

Must be at least 16 years of age.

Have computer experience.

Be able to use library equipment such as computers, printers, and conveyor belt machinery.

File by the Dewey Decimal System & alphabetically.

Work independently and with others.

Physical Requirements

Be able to reach the top and bottom book shelves.

Must be able to use conveyor belt machinery.

Move book crates that could weigh up to 50 pounds when full, as well as move carts or bins weighing up to 200 pounds when full.

Inquiries

We appreciate your interest in our opening at the MidPointe Library System.  More information about this opening, and the online application, is available on our application portal. Please, only call the library if you need assistance in completing an application for online submission.

Terri Manney
Human Resources Assistant
MidPointe Library System
125 S Broad St