[OPLINLIST] FW: NEO-RLS News: Role Playing Games Webinar, New Vendors, New Webinars for June, & SERLS CE Available

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Mon Jun 1 14:45:03 EDT 2020

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here...<https://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_7238807.htm>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D63823.3B2AF490]
NEO-RLS News-June 1, 2020
Weekly Update

  *   A Note from the Executive Director, Betsy Lantz
  *   Roll to Regret: Tabletop RPGs (Role Playing Games) for Teens Done Virtually
  *   New Webinars in June
  *   NEW NEO-RLS VENDOR PARTNER: SanCleanUSA Key Details
  *   NEW NEO-RLS VENDOR PARTNER: Patron Point
  *   NEW NEO-RLS PARTNERS WITH SHEAKLEY FOR WORKERS COMP
  *   REOPENING NE OHIO LIBRARIES
  *   CSLP Teen Video Challenge
  *   State Library and Summer Reading Survey
  *   CE OPPORTUNITY FOR LIBRARIES IN NEO-RLS REGION

A Note from the Executive Director, Betsy Lantz
[https://neo-rls.org/photos/59194_02102020090245.jpg]  As we move into the summer (I can't believe that it is June 1 st !) and closer and closer to various phases of reopening, I wanted to take this opportunity to give a shout out to the vendors that have partnered with us for many years and who have resources available to you at a discount.  Demco and JanWay have long participated in our vendor discount program and NEO-RLS members enjoy a generous discount up to 18% from Demco and a 10% discount from JanWay.  Both vendors have contacted us to say they have supplies needed for reopening.  In addition, this week's newsletter mentions our new vendor partnerships with SanCleanUSA of Cleveland, Ohio and Patron Point of Dublin, Ohio, both offering substantial discounts on services to our members.  Lastly, I want to mention that we are partnering with Sheakley to provide workers' compensation services.  We are joining with other Ohio regionals in this partnership in order to provide cost-savings opportunities to all of our members.  More information on each of these new partnerships follows below.  Access to the discounts from vendors is available on our website <https://www.neo-rls.org/vendor_discounts.php> and more information regarding our partnership with Sheakley will be forthcoming in July.  If you have any questions, please contact me<mailto:betsy.lantz at neo-rls.org> or Debbie Blair <mailto:deb.blair at neo-rls.org> .  Support our vendors today by exploring what they have to offer.  Enjoy your week and stay well!

Betsy Lantz
Roll to Regret: Tabletop RPGs (Role Playing Games) for Teens Done Virtually
[http://neo-rls.org/photos/63256_06012020110459.jpg]Tuesday, June 23rd at 10 am
We will discuss how transitioning to virtual programming can work with tabletop RPGs. There are a variety of options, including a Harry Potter themed RPG that Mary Beth has written and run both in person and virtually. This is good for anyone interested as you do not have to have previous knowledge of, or experience with, tabletop RPGs.

Read More<http://www.neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/article_165152979.htm>
New Webinars in June

Adult Services Virtual Networking Meeting <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57645>
06/02/2020
Customer Service on the Telephone and by Email <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=55722>
06/03/2020
Directors Virtual Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57897>
06/03/2020
Youth Services (Children & Teen) Virtual Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57898>
06/04/2020
Human Resource and Fiscal Officer Virtual Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57899>
06/05/2020

See More<http://www.neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/article_165162755.htm>
NEW NEO-RLS VENDOR PARTNER: SanCleanUSA Key Details
[http://neo-rls.org/photos/63258_06012020111002.jpg]SanCleanUSA is a local company based in Cleveland, Ohio, specializing in disinfection chemistry and surface safety.  We have partnered with them to offer a 25% discount to NEO-RLS members at the time of estimate for services with an additional 10% discount on recurring services. They are pricing public and community buildings lower than other private sector buildings and hope theirs will be the lowest price you find anywhere.

See More<http://www.neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/article_165155423.htm>
NEW NEO-RLS VENDOR PARTNER: Patron Point
[http://neo-rls.org/photos/PatronPoint.png]Patron Point is a full featured marketing automation platform that is exclusively for public libraries. Based in Dublin, Ohio, hundreds of libraries around the world use its services.  Patron Point connects directly to your data and allows you to pull reporting for different groups of patrons in order to create effective messaging. They are offering a 50% discount on the set-up fee for NEO-RLS members.  For more information, visit www.patronpoint.com<http://www.patronpoint.com> or our vendor page<https://www.neo-rls.org/vendor_discounts.php>.
NEW NEO-RLS PARTNERS WITH SHEAKLEY FOR WORKERS COMP
[http://neo-rls.org/photos/63261_06012020111500.jpg]We are now partnering with Sheakley to offer our members an option for group rating for workers' compensation and administration of unemployment paperwork in our continuing effort to provide benefits and cost-savings opportunities for our members.  Sheakley is here to help you with any issue relating to workers' compensation and they are also able to help regarding your unemployment issues during the Pandemic. Please contact Matt Flynn, matt.flynn at sheakley.com <mailto:matt.flynn at sheakley.com>  | t. 513.618.1506 | c. 937.829.5581 for more information.  We will be providing more information in July regarding this cost-saving opportunity.
REOPENING NE OHIO LIBRARIES
Thanks to everyone for their responses regarding reopening plans!  The information is posted to the NEO-RLS website. <https://www.neo-rls.org/resources_for_reopening_our_li.php>   If you haven't done so already, please take a minute to answer our 3 question survey<https://mms.neo-rls.org/members/form.php?orgcode=NEOL&fid=3621687>.
CSLP Teen Video Challenge
Looking for an easy program to share with your teens that they can do at home or outside this summer? The CSLP Teen Video Challenge <https://www.cslpreads.org/programs/teen-program/2020-teen-video-challenge/> is back for 2020!

The Teen Video Challenge, sponsored by the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP), is an annual national video contest open to all teens. Librarian and teacher support is encouraged. The challenge is for teens to create a public service announcement-type video that promotes libraries and reading and shows their unique interpretation of the 2020 CSLP slogan "Imagine Your Story."

Read More<http://www.neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/article_165160311.htm>
State Library and Summer Reading Survey
Summer looks a whole lot different this year. Instead of big kickoff parties and standing-room-only special performances, fabulous decorations, volunteen-staffed registration tables, and prize baskets on display, 2020's Summer Library Program (SLP) is online, non-congregate, with performers via YouTube and Facebook Live, registration and activity packet distribution online or at curbside, and prize distribution possibly waiting until after SLP ends.

Read More<http://www.neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/article_165161533.htm>
CE OPPORTUNITY FOR LIBRARIES IN NEO-RLS REGION
Still looking for online CE opportunities? The Southeast Ohio Regional Library System (SERLS) has suspended their $15 fee for non-SERLS members until July 1, 2020 in order to try and help libraries during the height of the COVID-19 crisis.  Check out their offerings here.<http://serls.evanced.info/signup/Calendar>
Template 11 - NEO-RLS News-June 1, 2020