[OPLINLIST] Laptop/Smart Device Policy/Sign Off

Rick Wiltrout rwiltrout at tusclibrary.org
Thu Jun 4 13:45:50 EDT 2020

It was suggested I send this to the OplinList in the hopes for more discussion from the community at large!

So, the pandemic hit and the library handed out laptops as needed to key staff (signed they took it and signed when it came back). But that raised some questions about laptops/iPads assigned to specific staff normally. I am designing a sign off sheet for when this equipment is handed over to the staff person, but we have nothing in our policy about damages/responsibility/expectations for this equipment. So the question was asked what do other libraries say/have in their policies..

Thanks for your time!

[photo]
Rick Wiltrout
IT Manager, Tuscarawas County Public Library System

330.364.4474 ext 235 | rwiltrout at tusclibrary.org

www.tusclibrary.org

121 Fair Avenue NW, New Philadelphia, OH 44663
<http://www.facebook.com/tusclibrary><http://www.facebook.com/tusclibrary>[https://dn3tzca2xtljm.cloudfront.net/social_icons/16px/facebook.png]<http://www.facebook.com/tusclibrary/>   <http://www.twitter.com/tusc_library> <http://www.twitter.com/tusc_library> [https://dn3tzca2xtljm.cloudfront.net/social_icons/16px/twitter.png] <http://www.twitter.com/tusc_library>  <http://instagram.com/tcpl_library> <http://www.instagram.com/tcpl_library> [https://dn3tzca2xtljm.cloudfront.net/social_icons/16px/instagram.png] <http://www.instagram.com/tcpl_library>