[OPLINLIST] Learn about Veterans Outreach for ANY Library on 5/20

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Mar 26 14:57:12 EDT 2020

We hope that you and yours are staying safe and healthy! Although our building may be closed, OhioNET webinars and services will continue. Our team is available via email and phone, and we look forward to "seeing" you online!

[cid:image003.png at 01D6037E.D3BED570]

Back in 2014, Licking County Library started a small program in connection with the 150th anniversary of the Civi War. As interest built up, people started coming forward with family histories, local lore, treasured artifacts and more-all related to men and women who had served.  What started small has grown beyond their wildest dreams and now includes weekly features in the local newspaper, veteran support group meetings in the library, and an amazing digital collection of local history related to veterans.  Plan to attend this session to learn how any library on any budget can start an outreach program just like this one to connect with veterans and their families in your community.

Small Steps, Big Impact-Start a Veterans Outreach Program<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=558&reset=1>
Wednesday, May 20 from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM | CEUS: 1
Presenter: Doug Stout (Licking County Library)

Can't make it in real-time?  Sign up anyway and be sure to get the link to review the recording of our online sessions at your convenience. Looking for more content in our Cultivating Connections training track?  Check out this upcoming webinar or head to our Events Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/events-calendar> for a full listing of all our currently scheduled training sessions and vendor demonstrations.

Intentionally Intersectional: Feminist Programming in the Library<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=555&reset=1>
Tuesday, April 28 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM | CEUS: 1.5
Presenter: Rebecca Stanwick (Toledo-Lucas County Public Library)

Don't hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org> if you find yourself with questions-we're always happy to help.

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller, MLIS
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37
www.ohionet.org

Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities