[OPLINLIST] Fwd: Upcoming Gale Webinars to Support Distance Learning

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Fri Mar 27 11:48:46 EDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Winters, Amber A <amber.winters at cengage.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 11:38 AM
Subject: Upcoming Gale Webinars to Support Distance Learning
To: Don Yarman <don at oplin.ohio.gov>

Hello Don,

   I hope you are well. The Gale training team is continuously working to
support you and your users during this quickly evolving time. We have
created a schedule of live webinars to promote virtual learning for all
school, academic and public libraries. The schedule of webinars is listed
below for you, please feel free to share any you believe may help your
state support learning online. These webinars will also be recorded and
made available on our support site, support.gale.com/training/webinars.

As always, if there is any way I can support you further please feel free
to reach out.

Stay safe!

*Help Kids Learn at Home with Miss Humblebee’s Academy *

*Wednesday, April 1, 3-3:45 PM ET*

Miss Humblebee's Academy is an interactive and highly visual resource
perfect to support online learning for children aged three to six. Cross
curricular lessons aligned to preschool and elementary standards include
music, math, art, language and literacy, social studies and science. Mobile
responsiveness and printable materials allow learning to extend beyond the
computer, to help parent build a learning schedule while at home. In this
session we will review the content and features available in Miss
Humblebee’s Academy, as well as best practices on how to leverage it at
home.

*Please click here
<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2138426277009412619?source=cs> to
register.*

*Online Learning Tools Within your Gale Resources for K12 Schools*

*Thursday, April 2, 2-2:30 PM ET*

As your school quickly makes the move from in-person courses to online
learning, your Gale resources are here to help! Join this webinar for quick
tips on common Gale tools within and support materials that you can use to
help smooth the transition.

*Please click here
<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2219851710115836683?source=me>
to register.*

*Online Learning Tools Within Your Gale Resources for Public Libraries*

*Friday, April 3, 10-10:30 AM ET*

As your library quickly makes the move from in-person interactions to
online support for your patrons, your Gale resources are here to help! Join
this webinar for quick tips on common Gale tools and support materials that
you can use to help smooth the transition.

*Please click here
<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3898336474264426251?source=me>
to register.*

*Online Learning Tools Within Your Gale Resources for Academic Libraries*

*Friday, April 3, 2-2:30 PM ET*

As your library quickly makes the move from in-person interactions to
online support for your students, faculty, and staff, your Gale resources
are here to help! Join this webinar for quick tips on common Gale tools and
support materials that you can use to help smooth the transition.

*Please click here
<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5346035946767132171?source=me>
to register.*

*Gale Pages: Organize Your Library Resources*

*Monday, April 6, 1-1:45 PM ET*

Finding a solution to organize library resources with a simple, clear
access point can be a challenge.  Gale Pages is a complimentary tool for
libraries with Gale resources  that solves the problem by providing an
easy-to-customize site to hold all of your digital resources.  Join Gale
Training Consultant, Tammi VanBuren and guest speakers Melissa Adelman from
Humble ISD’s Kingwood High School and Tim Hamlin from Gale’s Customer
Success team to explore Gale Pages best practices and to learn where to get
started!

*Please click here
<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8696325941928161035?source=me>
to register.*

*Accessibility Features in Your Gale Resources*

*Tuesday, April 7, 3-3:30 PM ET*

Discover all the features available in your Gale resources that support the
needs of your English Language Learners and reach more users with our
accessibility support tools!  In this session, you’ll learn how our various
tools support all your learners:  Text-to-Speech, Translate, Topic Finder
and so many more features can be utilized to find content for every user.
Join this session to also learn how Gale’s rich multimedia content can meet
the needs of all your users! Finder and so many more features can be
utilized to find content for every user.  Join this session to also learn
how Gale’s rich multimedia content can meet the needs of all your users as
well.

*Please click here
<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3315584315856333837?source=me>
to register.*

*Bring CTE to Life for your Learning Community with your Gale Resources*

*Wednesday, April 29, 1-2:00 PM ET*

Career and Technical Education is gaining steam in K12 and academic
institutions and provides a platform with which to retrain adults for new
careers. As more and more individuals look to train for technical careers,
it is important to provide accurate, timely and easy to navigate
information. Gale provides simple solutions to bring the real world to CTE
courses and students, including Testing and Education Reference Center,
Gale Health and Wellness, Chilton Online, and Gale Onefile Collections. In
this session we will review how Gale resources can be used in different CTE
tracks, and the tools and features available within the resources.

*Please click here
<https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2722735342561197581?source=me>
to register.*

[image: signature_509644141] <https://www.gale.com/>

<https://www.facebook.com/GaleCengage/>  <https://twitter.com/galecengage>
<https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/gale/>

*Amber Winters*
Training Consultant

*PHONE:* (248)296-1134
*EMAIL:* *amber.winters at cengage.com <amber.winters at cengage.com>*
*WEB:* gale.com <https://www.gale.com/>

27500 Drake Road | Farmington Hills, MI | 48331

[image: signature_1168472095]