[OPLINLIST] New Virtual Meetings, , FAQ About Archived Webinars , Thank Your Senators & Resource Pages Updated

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Mon Mar 30 13:46:15 EDT 2020

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here...<http://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_7237585.htm>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D60699.948363D0]
NEO-RLS News-March 30, 2020
A Note from the Executive Director, Betsy Lantz
[https://neo-rls.org/photos/59194_02102020090245.jpg]I hope everyone is safely at home and staying well.  We are all busy adjusting to working at home and at NEO-RLS we have found our weekly virtual meeting important for keeping us connected.  Beginning this week we will be offering our Network Group meetings virtually in order to help you stay connected with each other.  In addition, we have been working on a variety of new ideas for serving our members and are pleased to know that you are finding our resource webpages useful and are taking advantage of our many archived webinars.  The unprecedented use of the archived webinars has led us to investigate a new live webinar platform which we will roll out in the coming months.  We feel the new platform will have a long-term positive impact.  Along with increased flexibility for live webinars, the new platform will allow us to easily archive our webinars for access via all types of devices.  Lastly, prior to our current situation we were in the process of working with our vendor to streamline access to the archived webinars.  The programming changes are not yet complete but will offer greater search capability for your convenience.  We will keep you posted. Until then, stay home, stay healthy and enjoy viewing and learning!
​
Betsy
A Chance to Virtually Connect with your Peers
We know these uncertain times are a challenge for everyone.  Here is an opportunity to talk with your peers to learn how they are managing this crisis.  These meetings will be held through Zoom which is user friendly for all devices. The time will be 2:00 pm.  You will receive a link in your confirmation email reminder 2 hours before the meeting. We hope you will join us.

Wednesday, 4/1/2020
[NEW] Directors Virtual Networking Meeting <https://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo_responsive.php?eventid=57024&org_id=NEOL>
Thursday, 4/2/2020
[NEW]  Human Resource and Fiscal Officer Virtual Networking Meeting<https://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo_responsive.php?eventid=57026&org_id=NEOL>
Tuesday, 4/7/2020
[NEW]  Youth Services (Children & Teen) Virtual Networking Meeting<https://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo_responsive.php?eventid=57027&org_id=NEOL>
Wednesday, 4/8/2020
[NEW]  Adult Services Virtual Networking Meeting<https://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo_responsive.php?eventid=57028&org_id=NEOL>
April and May Archives & Webinars

Team + Work = TEAMWORK [Featured Archive] <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=56974>
03/30/2020
To Tag, or Not to Tag? Implementing RFID at Your Library [Featured Archive] <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=56975>
03/31/2020
Encore Entrepreneurship: Serving 50+ Patrons [Featured Archive] <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=56844>
04/01/2020
Creating a Culture of Yes [Featured Archive] <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=56976>
04/01/2020
[NEW] Directors Virtual Networking Meeting <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57024>
04/01/2020
[NEW] Human Resource and Fiscal Officer Virtual Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57026>
04/02/2020
Spanish in a Pinch for Library Staff [Featured Archive] <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=56977>
04/03/2020

See More<http://www.neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/article_161523639.htm>
Archived Webinars FAQ
Do I need to register to view the archived webinars?
Yes.  You will need to register to view the archived webinars.  Registration ensures that we have needed statistical information and that your CE transcript accurately reflects your continuing education.

Do I need to have an account to access the archived webinars?
Yes, you will need to login to access the archived webinars.  If you do not have an account already you will need to create one.  Each person must have their own account in order for us to maintain statistical information and provide you with an accurate transcript of your continuing education.  If you have a problem creating your account, please email<mailto:betsy.lantz at neo-rls.org> us.

Can I create one account for all of my library staff?
No, each staff member needs their own account.  Each person must have their own account in order for us to maintain statistical information and to provide an accurate transcript of continuing education for each individual.

Where do I find the link for the archived webinar I want to view?
After you register you will be sent an email.  The link will appear at the top of the email.  If you do not receive an email with the link, please check your spam and/or clutter.  If not found, please contact<mailto:lattanzm at neo-rls.org> us.

Why can’t I hear anything when I start the archived webinar?
There is a slight delay when viewing the archived webinars.  It may take one to three minutes for the audio to begin.  Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.  We are happy to assist you.

Why can’t I access the archived webinar on my iPad or other mobile device?
We were made aware this week that the Adobe Connect platform is not meant for accessing archived webinars via mobile devices.  If you need to access a webinar on your mobile device, please contact Holly Klingler<mailto:holly.klingler at neo-rls.org> and she will send you the appropriate link.

Does NEO-RLS have suggestions for archived webinars?
The archived webinars offer a rich variety of topics and speakers for your continuing education.  The Westlake Porter Public Library’s staff development training plan<https://www.neo-rls.org/docs/NEO_Training_Plan_by_Levels.xlsx> outlines archived webinars that have been made mandatory as well as optional webinars at a variety of knowledge levels for all levels of employees including administration and Trustees.  The plan is a good starting point for ideas.
Resource Pages
During these challenging times NEO-RLS is happy to gather valuable resources in one location for your convenience.  Please take a look at these continually updated pages.
COVID-19 and Libraries<http://bit.ly/COVID-19NEORLS>
Online Programming Resources<https://bit.ly/NEORLSProgrammingResources>
If you have ideas you would like to share, please send them to Holly Klingler.<mailto:holly.klingler at neo-rls.org>
Nominations Open April 1st for Open NEO-RLS Board Seats
Are you interested in the governance of NEO-RLS?  Would you like to be involved in setting policy, creating member benefits, establishing dues and fees for continuing education and services and gaining leadership experience?  If so, we welcome your interest and encourage you to nominate yourself to run for an open Board seat.  Terms begin July 1 and run for three years.  You must be the designated NEO-RLS representative from your library.  If you have an interest in running and are not the designated representative, your director may appoint you as designated representative by emailing Betsy Lantz <mailto:betsy.lantz at neo-rls.org> .  Nomination forms will be sent to the designated representatives on April 1st and remain open until close of day on April 30th .  The open seats are as follows:  1 Geographic Member (non-dues paying member); 1 Special Library Member; 2 Zone 1 Members (Revenue of $4,000,000 and up);  1 Zone 3 Member (Revenue of $800,000 - $1,499,999); and 1 Zone 4 Member (Revenue of up to $799,999).  Elections will be held in May.  We thank you for your interest in serving NEO-RLS.
Thank your Senator and Representative

Your Representative and Senator have signed both Rep. Andy Levin's (D-MI) letter and Sen. Jack Reed's (D-RI) letter urging Congressional leadership to support libraries through emergency funding in COVID-19 relief packages. Libraries of all types are responding to their communities' needs during this difficult time, and it's imperative that Congress provide support for these efforts.

  *   Use this template to thank your Senator for supporting libraries. <http://cqrcengage.com/ala/app/take-action?engagementId=506997&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxnWXDuV2hf5pZFROssJVxydVzqnduZlRVy0NxHwrP68tBVCMfj1PNA6f4_jarBkN3TRkyk9zOIbCiqGAJJQcu34j7XN21sol6ihJwSvoIzg4&lp=0>
  *   Use this template to thank your Representative for supporting libraries. <http://cqrcengage.com/ala/app/take-action?engagementId=507001&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxbHmZOss8YAX9zym31XC9q3T4VTlzUXNmyRETKBsF1dUu_ncwo3NWosmH5ZZue_d2VGxaL78zMaLHf63jwVEosnapxcO6wqL-bfd1zdRwqyM&lp=0>

Public Library and COVID-19 Survey
On behalf of PLA
Many library organizations like ours are hearing from our members and others that they would like to get a better picture of public library response and activities during the current COVID-19 crisis. We hope public library directors (or their designees) will help us fill this information gap by completing this online survey this week:

Read More<http://www.neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/article_161528527.htm>
Template 11 - NEO-RLS News-March 30, 2020