[OPLINLIST] FW: NEO-RLS News: NEO-RLS News: New Archives Look, $10, 000 FREE from Google, & Branch Managers Meeting

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Mon May 18 15:00:30 EDT 2020

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here...<https://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_7238807.htm>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D62D25.1198BA30]
NEO-RLS News-May 18, 2020
Weekly Update

  *   A Note from the Executive Director, Betsy Lantz
  *   New Branch Managers Networking Meeting
  *   Don't Miss a Learning Opportunity
  *   Open NEO-RLS Board of Trustee Seats – Voting Continues through May 31st
  *   Congratulations to NEO-RLS Board Member, Tracee Murphy!
  *   How to Get $10,000/Month in FREE Advertising from Google
  *   PLA/ALA survey of libraries' responses to COVID-19
  *   OCLC, IMLS, and Battelle COVID-19 Research Partnership update:
  *   $15 Million in IMLS CARES Act Grants Now Available for Museum and Library Services

A Note from the Executive Director, Betsy Lantz
[https://neo-rls.org/photos/59194_02102020090245.jpg]After months of working with our website provider, we are finally able to provide you with vastly improved access to the archived webinars.  We thank you for your patience as we worked to enhance the functionality of this important aspect of our Continuing Education.  So, what’s new?   Archived Webinars now appears first in the drop down menu under Continuing Education on the website.  Next, and most importantly, we are now able to offer a Keyword Search function.  No more guessing at the title or the date or the Category!  The Category search function has been expanded to include Competencies.  We are however, still working on retrospectively assigning Competencies to the archives and should be done with that this summer.  The cost is indicated clearly at the top of each page.  The archives are displayed with a limited amount of text which can be expanded to the full description and the “Register” button is prominently displayed to the right of the text.  We hope the changes make the experience of viewing an archived webinar easier and less frustrating.  As always, if you have questions or comments, please let me know.  We hope you enjoy the new functionality and that you continue to benefit from the many and varied archives available to you.  Have a good week and stay well!  Happy viewing!

Betsy Lantz
New Branch Managers Networking Meeting
T uesday, May 26, 2020 at 1:00 pm <https://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo_responsive.php?eventid=57769&org_id=NEOL>
We know these uncertain times are a challenge for everyone.  Here is an opportunity to talk with your peers to learn how they are managing this crisis.  This meeting will be held through Zoom which is user friendly to all devices.  You will receive a link in your confirmation email reminder 2 hours before the meeting. We hope you will join us. Please send agenda items/questions to  Melissa Lattanzi<mailto:lattanzm at neo-rls.org>.
Don't Miss a Learning Opportunity

Teen Virtual Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57605>
05/18/2020
[NEW] Outreach Virtual Networking Meeting <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57687>
05/19/2020
Recharge Your Bookclub <http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57529>
05/20/2020
Directors Virtual Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57766>
05/20/2020
Youth Services (Children & Teen) Virtual Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57770>
05/21/2020
Human Resource and Fiscal Officer Virtual Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57767>
05/22/2020
  Academic Library Directors Virtual Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57768>
05/22/2020
Facilities and Admin Networking Meeting<http://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=57592>
05/26/2020

See More<http://www.neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/article_164218149.htm>
Open NEO-RLS Board of Trustee Seats – Voting Continues through May 31st
Elections for new Board of Trustee members are on-going through the end of May.  Designated representatives received an email on May 1 st with a link for voting.  Make sure your voice is heard by voting for those who govern your regional.  If you have questions, please contact betsy.lantz at neo-rls.org<mailto:betsy.lantz at neo-rls.org> .  Thank you!
Congratulations to NEO-RLS Board Member, Tracee Murphy!
Tracee Murphy, Director, Wellsville Carnegie Public Library, has been selected to participate in  Leadership Ohio's Class of 2020 <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001dJyJw9jBDnIlDSgPSTP24gX-Gv-E4blgArjwPorjyspcTTINtTxyjdaFND2CJJ8KB1XL6pGdb1eIaaj44WljAYpCzpJfGLQ0bQuHi4XRImDJSscZ8ZvZ0eDabvvipiDFcZEi0nGOtlny3nduDlqLpPP8Zs9oTL43_vyeVeWpq5eSGtCjIvSTOlQSgbhizL-P&c=5CdLjm9sXmMCL7rsym0qsc_rrI7hCWDwhViTmgeGjY8XOXO61pwqnQ==&ch=usJYtYYJe3ClQVM5V4QBzYSTjbev-ci7TF9jWV8Ooj8mRwr-a5w1sw==> .
How to Get $10,000/Month in FREE Advertising from Google
Here is a FREE webinar for a limited amount of time.<http://https:/pciwebinars.com/how-to-get-10000-in-free-ads-from-google-for-your-library/>
There’s a little-known initiative called Google Ad Grants. Every qualifying nonprofit that applies gets a grant of up to $10,000 / month in advertising credit. This allows nonprofits to place ads at the top of Google search results, just like the big players do.

Read More<http://www.neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/article_164180267.htm>
PLA/ALA survey of libraries' responses to COVID-19
The Public Library Association and its American Library Association partners are seeking a new round of feedback about the work of libraries as they respond to the COVID-19 crisis, releasing a survey and requesting feedback by 11:59 p.m. CDT, Monday, May 18, 2020. Please complete the survey by clicking on the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/libraries-respond-to-covid-19-may-2020.

Read More<http://www.neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/article_164175379.htm>
OCLC, IMLS, and Battelle COVID-19 Research Partnership update:
OCLC, IMLS, and Battelle COVID-19 Research Partnership update: REALM Project site launches

REopening Archives, Libraries and Museums (REALM)  is a research partnership between OCLC, the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and Battelle to create and distribute science-based information and recommended practices designed to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 to staff and visitors who are engaging in the delivery or use of museum, library, and archival services.

Visit oc.lc/realm-project<http://oc.lc/realm-project>  for more information on the project, research timeline, and committee members. Project updates and resources will be added to this information hub as they become available.

Read More<http://www.neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/article_164177823.htm>
$15 Million in IMLS CARES Act Grants Now Available for Museum and Library Services
Applications for Pandemic Response Funding Due June 12, 2020

Washington, DC—The Institute of Museum and Library Services announced two new funding opportunities <https://www.imls.gov/grants/apply-grant/available-grants> for museums, libraries, federally recognized tribes, and organizations that primarily serve Native Hawaiians. The combined $15 million federal investment will provide direct support to these institutions, equipping them to respond to community needs resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.

Read More<http://www.neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/article_164176601.htm>
Template 11 - NEO-RLS News-May 18, 2020