[OPLINLIST] LinkedIn Learning stats

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Thu Aug 12 13:24:11 EDT 2021

The basic usage stat for LinkedIn Learning, number of videos viewed, is now
available at stats.oplin.org.

OPLIN's database reporting tool tracks only Regular Searches (as opposed to
automated and federated searches, and Total Item Investigations (including
full text, abstracts, and other content items). It's not the full range of
activity that a vendor might collect and report, but it conforms most
closely to current standards of measuring library database usage. (See
projectcounter.org.) Total Item Investigations is the metric that is
reported to the State Library and on up to IMLS for annual reporting.

Neither Lynda.com nor LinkedIn Learning report search counts. For
Lynda.com, "Videos" most closely matched the concept of an Item
Investigation metric; under LILL the vendor refers to this as "LinkedIn
Learning video views," and for consistency, we continue to track that
number.

LinkedIn plans to develop account subadmins that will have access to more
comprehensive usage data. When those are available, we will make sure
libraries get access.

                    Don Yarman
                    Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network
                    2323 W Fifth Ave Suite 130, Columbus OH 43204
                    don at oplin.ohio.gov | 614.728.5250