[OPLINLIST] Collaborative Summer Library Program updates - including first look at 2022 artwork

jdwyer at library.ohio.gov jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Mon Aug 23 11:49:03 EDT 2021

Cross-posted. Please excuse duplication.

Good morning,

The Collaborative Summer Library Program just posted a poster reveal of the 2022 "Oceans of Possibilities" artwork by Sophie Blackall, Caldecott Medal-winning illustrator of Finding Winnie and Hello Lighthouse. Take a look on Instagram or Twitter @cslpreads or on Facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/cslpreads/photos/a.404120876370687/4231679476948122

*********************

The 2022 CSLP program manual will again be provided for free to all Ohio public libraries in online format and will be released this fall (probably mid-October). As usual, the manual and CSLP membership are funded by federal LSTA funds, administered by the State Library of Ohio.

If there is a change in the primary summer library program contact at your library system (the person who should receive the manual access code and CSLP info) since this time last year, please note that when you complete the 2021 Ohio Summer Library Program evaluation<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/slpeval2021> survey, or just email me that person's contact info.

Last year, the pandemic necessitated a switch from USB to the online manual format for the statewide purchase. It was impossible to ship manuals to libraries with the State Library closed. Now we're sticking with the online manual format because it's also more cost-effective, eco-friendly, and can be updated, added to, and improved throughout the winter and spring. And it's vastly easier to distribute, and eliminates the possibility of loss or damage in transit. The USB flash drive and paper manual formats will continue to be available for purchase from the CSLP catalog and online store. These purchases are at the discretion of libraries and at libraries' expense. Thank you for your understanding.

*********************

CSLP is scheduling several opportunities for you to provide input next month. These listening sessions are open to all public library workers. No registration is required; just put the Zoom link on your calendar and log in at the specified time.

Provide input on CSLP's 2024 slogan and 2025 theme:
Wednesday, September 8, 3:00 pm Eastern - Zoom link:  https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82478119844?pwd=Mjh1djF2MWFNRXRwMy9XcjZtOEJvQT09
Friday, September 10, 11:00 am Eastern - Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83023409600?pwd=VFkxR0NMN1hkWWpnNFZqUFphZVV1Zz09
Monday, September 13, 12 Noon - Zoom link:  https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89765585818?pwd=THZYWklLL1dyTTFzT3hPOWtGRC84UT09

You may attend any of the above (content is the same at all). At the bottom of this email (under my signature) is a list of the 2024 slogan options and the 2025 theme options that will be up for discussion. The 2024 slogan suggestions came from state reps and CSLP membership from across the nation and have been vetted by CSLP's attorney for possible IP/copyright conflicts.  There are nine strong candidates remaining after removing those with potential risk or conflict. This is a great chance to lobby for the slogans and themes you prefer.

Provide general input at CSLP's next Membership Input Session:
Tuesday, September 14, 2:00 pm - Zoom link:  https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87995879071?pwd=Mkg1SU9PU2NHQjAvS2IzbnhhbVh3UT09
CSLP will be seeking input on several topics, including the manual, website, and online store.  Help CSLP continue to improve and customize its resources to better meet your needs.

If you have thoughts to share and are unable to attend any of the theme/slogan sessions or the membership input session, you are welcome to email me anytime with feedback for CSLP, or to include your feedback when you complete the 2021 Ohio Summer Library Program Evaluation<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/slpeval2021> survey. I will share your input with CSLP leadership, and will consider your responses when I vote on behalf of Ohio at the CSLP Annual Meeting in late September.

*********************

And finally, a reminder that CSLP is gathering stories of inspiration from public libraries around the USA. CSLP seeks visual stories of how public libraries have met the needs of youth and families in their communities this summer or during the past year.  These inspirational stories can be told through photos and a brief narrative or through a short video. Perhaps you have already shared a promotional/publicity video or program recap on YouTube or Facebook, which makes it super easy - the work is already done! Just drop a copy of the video into this shared folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Hp4Axi3O8kzb-f88Me71IcWcjoAbNAJa

Or hit "record" and create a new video for the purpose, or gather some photos documenting a great program or activity and send them with a brief write-up. However you do it, please submit your videos or photos by August 30, 2021 here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Hp4Axi3O8kzb-f88Me71IcWcjoAbNAJa

CSLP knows public libraries throughout the country have rallied in many ways through innovative programs, resources, partnerships, and services to meet families and youth where they are and provide what they need, whether it be a meal, a device, a connection to a community resource, a book, or a friendly smile. CSLP is eager to celebrate all the ways that our public libraries have been there as a vital connection for the families of our communities.  Thank you for all the ways you supported and delighted your communities during another challenging summer.

Sincerely,
Janet

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D79814.DDC4A960]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer (she/her)