[OPLINLIST] Carol Tyler program

Kent Daniels kdaniels at lickingcountylibrary.org
Mon Aug 30 12:20:09 EDT 2021

Greetings:
[194FF815]
We wanted share with you an upcoming virtual program our library will be hosting.

On Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 2:00 pm, award-winning author and professor Carol Tyler discusses her graphic masterpiece Soldier's Heart: The Campaign to Understand My WWII Veteran Father, A Daughter's Memoir which describes her relationship with her Dad, and how his untreated PTSD shaped her childhood and affected her relationships into adulthood.

Soldier's Heart received the Gold Medal of Excellence from the Society of Illustrators and received the slate.com Cartoonist Studio Prize for Best Print Comic of 2015. It also received rave reviews from many prestigious magazines and newspapers, including the New York Times. Soldier's Heart was named on Time Magazine's Top Ten Comics of the year list.  Rolling Stone Magazine placed it on the list of Top 50 Graphic Novels of all time. It earned eleven Eisner Awards nominations, two LA Book Prize nominations, and an Excellence Award from the Ohio Arts Council.

Carol Tyler, known for her beautifully written and drawn autobiographical stories, is one of the most influential artists to come out of the 1980s Alternative Comics movement.

To reserve your Zoom spot, click here:  https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwuce-urD8oGtR1bmf6Eg0ktKOpd0G76ycm

Thanks for your time,

Kent Daniels
Adult Services Coordinator