[OPLINLIST] Seeking anecdotes about Lynda.com experience

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Mon Feb 1 10:41:20 EST 2021

Next Monday, I will be one of the speakers in a PLA webinar for state
librarians about implementing LinkedIn Learning statewide. I have thoughts
based on my experience, but they are also interested in library
experiences. If you'd like to share, I would be interested in hearing your
thoughts on the topics below.

How has Lynda.com access benefited your patrons or staff? Any success
stories?

Are there particular in-demand topics or focus areas? Have you seen an
increased demand for certification programs?

Has Lynda.com access had any impact on your community?

Do you see a change in patron use of your resources since COVID? New job
seekers working on skills development, or people moving to library
subscriptions instead of corporate accounts?

What other ways has COVID changed the way you engage with patrons,
particularly relating to workforce development? Have you held remote
programs or classes using conferencing tools?

I appreciate learning about any experiences you want to share.

                    Don Yarman
                    Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network
                    2323 W Fifth Ave Suite 130, Columbus OH 43204
                    don at oplin.ohio.gov | 614.728.5250