[OPLINLIST] Employment Opportunity: Adult Services Librarian, FT, Plain City Ohio

Chris Long clong at plaincitylib.org
Mon Jan 4 10:16:15 EST 2021

Employment Opportunity
Plain City Public Library
Plain City, Ohio

Adult Services Librarian
Full-time salaried, $40,500

The Plain City Public Library is looking for a full-time Adult Services Librarian to help bring innovative programs and services to our community. The Adult Services Librarian's days are rarely ever the same thanks to the breadth of activity happening inside the library and out. We are looking for a candidate to serve as a library ambassador who thinks fast on their feet, is adept at quickly changing directions, takes risks to test new and unusual ideas, stays focused on finishing projects while perpetually planning for the future, and keeps a pulse on trending issues in a variety of industries that may be important or useful for public libraries.

Within a small but extremely active team, the Adult Services Librarian will be responsible for activities such as: social media and website content; outreach and materials delivery to adult communities; creating marketing graphics; print and digital collection development for adult audiences; conversion of print material for digital collections; reference and research services for most ages; learning and teaching skills with a variety of maker equipment; supervising adult volunteers; innovative program development for primarily adult attendees; and, assistance with program and event execution for all ages. The Plain City Public Library is also a member of the Central Library Consortium in which the Adult Services Librarian would be an active participant.

Our library's mission is to provide resources to enhance the quality and enjoyment of life; to do so the Plain City Public Library believes in:

  *   Being excellent communicators; thriving in a flexible environment that values health, family and respect for one another
  *   Ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for personalized attention without discrimination
  *   Maintaining an accessible facility that fosters curiosity and discovery for all people, through traditional services, education and emerging technologies
  *   Building community partnerships through dynamic outreach and wide-ranging programs
  *   Being mindful of the cultural heritage of our communities and how it shapes us while we seek out new trends and embrace opportunities for the future

The qualified candidate must have an MLS or comparable degree from an ALA accredited institution. Most of the Adult Services Librarian's hours are daytime; however, Wednesday nights and other evenings as required for events and special programs are required as well as one Saturday every month. A valid driver's license and required insurance to operate a vehicle in Ohio is essential to drive the library's outreach van. Travel with the van and in a personal vehicle is required. The librarian selected to join our team will earn a starting annual salary of $40,500 along with paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave and an HRA.

Interested applicants should send a resume, through this link: https://www.indeedjobs.com/plain-city-public-library/_hl/en_US?cpref=JXWAtnzf3XWjLOi4YeVNLqF8RN6a-Vzu4W_snaQKw44

Resumes should especially showcase a prowess for marketing, programming, and innovation and include a cover letter that explains the importance of public libraries in their respective communities. Applicants must be able to provide references should they be requested. Successful candidates must undergo a criminal background check and drug screening.  An initial evaluation of resumes will begin Monday, January 11th. This position will close when we find our best fit.