[OPLINLIST] Registration open! Take 5: Reemerge, Refocus, Reconnect - Friday, May 7 + self-paced activities

jdwyer at library.ohio.gov jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Thu Mar 11 11:44:43 EST 2021

Cross-posted. Please excuse duplication.

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D7166B.ECA902D0]Registration is now open<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Take5_2021> for Take 5: Reemerge, Refocus, Reconnect. Join other teen advocates in learning and exploration as we reemerge into active library life, refocus on supporting our own and our young peoples' well-being, and reconnect with our teens and each other. This year's Take 5 experience has 3 parts:

  *   A live online event from 1:00-4:00 pm on Friday, May 7;
  *   Exclusive recorded speaker sessions for you to enjoy at your convenience between early April and early May;
  *   Timely videos, webinars, TED Talks, and other activities to select from and explore at your convenience between early April and early May.

In recognition of online meeting fatigue, this year's live event will be 3 hours, instead of all day. Registrants will receive links to exclusive prerecorded speaker sessions and other activities to explore at your own pace before the live event. This content directly compliments the theme and will be woven throughout the live event. Speakers who are sharing their recorded talks ahead of time will join us for live Q&A during a breakout session on May 7.

Speakers include:

  *   Beth Adkins, LSW, Tri County Board of Recovery & Mental Health Services<https://www.tcbmds.org/>
  *   Erin Deitlzer, North Community Counseling Centers<https://www.northcommunity.com/>
  *   Amanda Erickson, Kaleidoscope Youth Center<https://www.kycohio.org/>
  *   Sarah Maggied, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention<https://afsp.org/>
  *   Intelligence Analysts Wendi Parker and Jenna Rosenthal, FBI Cleveland Field Office<https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/cleveland>
  *   Erica Schnitz, Huckleberry House<https://huckhouse.org/>
  *   Jonathan Slider, Trailblazing Hope Outdoors<https://www.trailblazinghope.com/>
  *   Marijke Visser, ALA Public Policy & Advocacy Office<http://www.ala.org/aboutala/offices/ppa>
  *   And a "Teens Teach" panel of teens to close out the event!

Take 5: Reemerge, Refocus, Reconnect is FREE but registration is required. Register here:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Take5_2021

Take 5 is supported by the State Library of Ohio with federal funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.

Learn more at library.ohio.gov/take5<http://library.ohio.gov/take5>
Like Take 5 on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Take5YouthServices<http://www.facebook.com/Take5YouthServices>

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D7166B.ECA902D0]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer