[OPLINLIST] Microfilm Scanner available

Anne Lowery alowery at seolibraries.org
Wed Apr 13 10:29:14 EDT 2022

We have an e-image-data ScanPro 800 microfilm/fische reader/scanner
available for sale. This has a FIREWIRE connected camera system
and we will include the firewire card and cables.  This was purchased
new from World Micrographics in Columbus in about 2014. They did
all of the maintenance work on the machine. I believe we were running
the ScanPro 2000 software package on it and ScanPro 1000 hardware.

SPECS: https://worldmicrographics.com/PDF/ScanPro%201000%20Specs.pdf

We needed to upgrade in order to efficiently digitize our own microfilm.
This machine's software can be updated and warranty renewed as long as
you maintain an "Advantage Membership" through the manufacturer:

https://e-imagedata.com/overview-of-scanpro-advantage-membership/

This has worked perfectly for us as a reader; giving us clear printed
copies from our local newspaper on microfilm. Excellent quality. Lots of
versatility and room for
adjustments. If you're still using an old toner-based film printer, this
is a great chance to upgrade to digital technology. It was running fine
on a Windows 10 machine.
Here are the computer specs needed to run the ScanPro software:

https://worldmicrographics.com/PDF/PowerScan%20PC%20Requirements.pdf

The newest ScanPro model is going for around $6,000.  We will sell our
machine for $1000 or best offer to any interested Ohio library or
archive willing to pick it up at our location.

For more info & pictures, please contact me at alowery at seolibraries.org

--
Anne Lowery, MLIS
Director