[OPLINLIST] Join Us for Our 150th Year and Beyond!

Otto, Heather hotto at akronlibrary.org
Tue Aug 9 11:34:06 EDT 2022

Since 1874, the Akron-Summit County Public Library (ASCPL) has been an essential community asset.  We've been recognized nationally as one of the finest public libraries in the United States due to our excellent customer service, collaborative community involvement, and high level of customer and employee satisfaction.

The ASCPL is hiring a Deputy Director to support our Mission Statement to provide resources for learning and leisure, information services, meeting spaces, and programs for all ages that support, improve, and enrich individual, family, and community life.  The Deputy Director will exhibit and support our Core Values of Excellence, Service, Learning, and Diversity and Inclusion.

Reporting to the Executive Director of the Library system, the Deputy Director is responsible for the overall day-to-day public service operations of Main Library and 18 branch libraries, system-wide Collection Development, Technical Services, and Youth Services agencies.  The position is involved in planning and decision-making for most areas of the Library's functioning, and provides leadership in the absence of the Executive Director.

Click the link below for more details and how to apply!

https://www.akronlibrary.org/about/employment/deputy-director