[OPLINLIST] Remember a children's book REDHEAD?

Laura Klein kleinla at massillonlibrary.org
Tue Aug 9 12:20:48 EDT 2022

A patron asks if anyone knows the true title and author of a book she believes was published before 1960, was about a 4th-6th grade level, about a girl named Susie who lived in a mining town.  She had a sister named Brenda, a neighbor boy Ned whose family owned a grocery store, and a friend named Tracy.  At some point the mine blew up, Susie didn't get to be inducted into the Tau Nu Tau but a girl named Connie did, Susie's robe caught fire, and Susie took a shortcut to the library through the salt marsh and found a family there with a son named Robin.

She said the copy she borrowed from her school library was rebound and the title was given as Redhead, but she wonders if that could have been shortened from something else.  She says it is NOT REDHEAD BY THE SIDE OF THE ROAD.

Thanks so much!

Laura A. Klein

Children's Services & Special Projects Manager

Ohio Library Council Certified Library Staff

Massillon Public Library

208 Lincoln Way East, Massillon, OH  44646

Office phone 330-832-9831, ext. 319

Children's Department Desk ext. 317

Fax:  330-830-2182

kleinla at massillonlibrary.org

www.massillonlibrary.org<http://www.massillonlibrary.org/>

"I'm of a fearsome mind to throw my arms around every living librarian who crosses my path, on behalf of the souls they never knew they saved."

     -Barbara Kingsolver

Follow Us on Twitter & Facebook!

http://twitter.com/mlibrary

http://www.facebook.com/massillonlibrary