[OPLINLIST] Library Associate - Liberty Township, OH

Terri Manney tmanney at midpointelibrary.org
Wed Aug 17 13:22:20 EDT 2022

MidPointe Library - Library Associate – Part Time – Liberty Township Ohio

We have a part-time opening where you can use your top-notch customer service skills to provide library service at the Liberty Center mall! To thrive in this environment, you don't need library experience, we can teach you!

At MidPointe Library our mission is to enrich our community through access and experiences. We do that by connecting a curious community to our library services and strive to provide a positive learning experience.  At our Liberty Library, associates provide our patrons with excellent customer service at the service desk by answering questions; giving reading recommendations; providing computer and printer assistance; creating library cards; accepting passport applications; assisting patrons with check in and check out; and giving instruction on how to use the online card catalog, the Internet, print station, e-reader tablets, library research databases, and other digital resources. They also process holds and reserves; look up materials; sort; shelve; shelf read; pull holds; and use lists to pull materials. As a member of the public services team, you'd work independently and work with co-workers.

MidPointe is located on the east side of Butler County, Ohio in a vibrant, dynamic, diverse community that enjoys community support. Nestled between Cincinnati and Dayton, the county has a wide variety of schools, entertainment, dining experiences, sports, and cultural events. We have something for everyone!

To Be Successful, you will need:

  *   Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
  *   Must provide evidence of U.S. citizenship for passport duties
  *   Must be friendly, approachable, and provide a positive library experience to patrons
  *   Must have excellent customer service, a strong service ethic, excellent problem-solving skills, adapt rapidly to change, and thrive in a mall atmosphere
  *   Must have computer experience that includes MS Office, the Internet, and ideally the library catalog and research databases
  *   Need to be able to independently (and with others), quickly, and favorably respond to new or changed responsibilities and/or situations, and be able to prioritize and handle confidential information
  *   Have a good knowledge of literature that appeals to children, teens, and adults
  *   Must be able to learn and carry out the responsibilities of the position
  *   Must be able to effectively read (including cursive), write, speak, and understand English
  *   Regular and predictable physical attendance is required

Hours:

20 hours per week with varying shifts between: Monday - Saturday 9:30 am - 7:15 pm (generally a

4 or 5 hour shift) and Sunday 12:15 pm - 5:15 pm

Sunday hours are Labor Day – Memorial Day.

Rate of Pay:

The pay range is $12.26 - $18.13; the pay rate depends on experience.

Benefits:

Our part time benefits package includes state retirement; direct deposit; accrued paid time off; eligibility for dental and vision insurance; paid holiday’s; emergency paid sick leave for Covid purposes; education assistance, and more.

Physical Requirements:

-Must have the ability to move book crates that could weigh up to 75 pounds when full & move book carts that could weigh up to 200 pounds when full.

-Must be able to work in areas with disinfectant odors, as well as areas that may contain dust or other possible allergens

-Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate library equipment

Apply:

Complete a required MidPointe Library System employment application found at: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6138957.jobs?ShowAllOpenings.

Inquiries:

The full job description for this opening is on our website at: https://www.midpointelibrary.org/page/jobs.

Please, only call the library if you need assistance in completing the required online application.

Terri Manney
Human Resources Assistant
MidPointe Library System
125 S Broad St