[OPLINLIST] Library Associate Floater

Terri Manney tmanney at midpointelibrary.org
Thu Aug 18 16:07:04 EDT 2022

MidPointe Library – Public Services Floater – Full Time

We have an opening for a customer-oriented library associate who likes a variety of duties in a different branch location on a regular basis. To thrive in this environment, you don't need library experience, we can teach you!

At the MidPointe Library System, our mission is to enrich our community through access and experiences. We do that by connecting a curious community to our library services and strive to provide a positive learning experience. Our public service floaters provide our patrons with excellent customer service at any one of our 5 branch locations and on the bookmobile or our other library vehicles. You’ll answer patron questions; accept passport applications; give reading recommendations; provide computer & printer assistance; create library cards; assist with check-in & check-out; give assistance with basic makerspace instruction; give instruction on how to use the online card catalog, the Internet, print station, e-reader tablets, library research databases & other digital resources; shelve; pull holds; and work independently & with co-workers. Occasionally you would present an already created story time or program in the absence of another staff member. At times, you would assist with special projects & new services.

To Be Successful, you:

  *   Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
  *   Need reliable transportation to travel from branch to branch & be insurable on the library's insurance.
  *   Must be US citizen for passport duties.
  *   Must be friendly, approachable, & provide a positive library experience to patrons.
  *   Must have excellent customer service, a strong service ethic, excellent problem-solving skills; be organized & efficient; able to prioritize; and thrive in a busy environment.
  *   Must have excellent computer experience that includes instructing & using MS Office, the Internet, e-readers, & ideally the library catalog & library research databases.
  *   Must have an excellent knowledge of literature that appeals to children, teens & adults.
  *   Must be able to adapt rapidly to change & accept uncertainty, particularly when working from branch to branch, including the bookmobile.
  *   Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced team-based atmosphere.
  *   Must be able to learn & carry out the responsibilities of the position.
  *   Must have regular & predictable physical attendance as required.

Hours:

40 hours per week including days, evenings, & weekends. All shifts depend on the library location & the hours will change according to library needs. A sample schedule is:

Sample Week One: Mon 11am - 8pm at West Chester, Tues 8am - 5pm at Monroe, Wed 8am- 5pm at Trenton, Thurs 11am-8pm at Middletown, Sat 8:15am - 5:15pm at West Chester.

Sample Week Two: Mon 10:45am - 7:15pm at Liberty, Tues 8am - 5pm at the Middletown call center, Wed 10am - 7pm at Monroe, Thurs 7:30am - 4:30pm on the bookmobile, Fri 10:45am - 7:15pm at Liberty.

Rate of Pay:

The pay range is $14.48 - $21.46 & depends on experience.

Physical Requirements:
-Must be able to work in areas that may contain cleaning    odors, dust, or other possible allergens.
-Must have sufficient manual dexterity and visual acuity sufficient to meet job requirements.

-Must be able to use library conveyor belt machinery & do basic troubleshooting.

Benefits:

Full-time benefits include state retirement plan; direct deposit; medical, HSA, dental, vision, life insurance & voluntary life insurance; accrued vacation, sick & short-term disability; paid granted personal time; paid holidays & floating holidays; EAP; education assistance; attendance to webinars & workshops, and more.

Apply:

Complete a required MidPointe Library System employment application found at: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6138957.jobs?ShowAllOpenings.

Inquiries:

-The full job description for this opening is available on our website at: https://www.midpointelibrary.org/page/jobs.

-Please, only call the library if you need assistance in completing the required online application.

Terri Manney
Human Resources Assistant
MidPointe Library System
125 S Broad St