[OPLINLIST] New OhioNet Virtual Workshop Topic – Fair Use of Copyrighted Materials

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Thu Feb 24 10:06:12 EST 2022

Hi folks,

Our new virtual workshop format returns this spring featuring an in-depth discussion of fair use. If you’re new to copyright and making fair use determinations, don’t worry! We have an introductory webinar scheduled in early April that provides foundational knowledge on the topic. Then, dive deeper into fair use later in the month with our live, virtual workshop series.

I’ve also included a Last Chance section at the bottom of the message. Don’t miss your opportunity to register for these events, too! As always, you can visit our training page<https://www.ohionet.org/training> for a full listing of all our upcoming professional development and continuing education opportunities.

Featured Events – Fair Use
Copyright in Action: Fair Use Myths and Misconceptions
This webinar introduces the concept of fair use of copyright material and dispels the misconceptions many of us have!

Click the link below to register for our upcoming Copyright in Action: Fair Use Myths and Misconceptions webinar on Thursday, April 7, 2022 from 2:30-4 p.m.

Register for Copyright in Action: Fair Use Myths and Misconceptions<https://www.ohionet.org/event/copyright-in-actions-fair-use-myths-and-misconceptions>

Fair Use for Everyone – Virtual Workshop Series
This three-part live learning event dives deep into the concept of fair use and gives attendees opportunities for discussion and hands-on practice making fair use determinations.

Click the link below to register for our upcoming Fair Use for Everyone Virtual Workshop series on Thursdays, April 21, April 28 and May 5, 2022 from 2-4 p.m.*

Register for Fair Use for Everyone Virtual Workshop series<https://www.ohionet.org/event/fair-use-for-everyone-virtual-workshop-series>
*No recordings will be made and this material will not be available in the Training Archive.

Last Chance – Don’t Miss These!
Demystifying the EDS—Basic Maintenance & Troubleshooting
This session describes introductory best practices to keep your EBSCO Discovery Service running smoothly.

Click the link below to register for our upcoming Demystifying the EDS—Basic Maintenance & Troubleshooting webinar on Tuesday, March 1, 2022 from 2-3:30 p.m.

Register for Demystifying the EDS—Basic Maintenance & Troubleshooting<https://www.ohionet.org/event/demystifying-the-eds-basic-maintenance-troubleshooting>

Bias & Micro Messages, Two-Part Webinar
This foundational, two-part webinar serves as a starting point for diversity and inclusion programming. It explores the phenomena of bias and how professionals can minimize its effects on employee and customer/client relations.

Click the link below to register for our upcoming Bias & Micro Messages two-part webinar on Tuesdays, March 15 & 29, 2022 from 2-4 p.m.

Register for Bias & Micro Messages<https://www.ohionet.org/event/bias-and-micro-messages-2-part-webinar>

Online Database Overviews: Gale In Context Elementary
Explore the content and educational tools available through Gale In Context Elementary.

Click the link below to register for our upcoming Online Database Overviews: Gale In Context Elementary webinar on Thursday, March 17, 2022 from 2-3 p.m.

Register for Online Database Overviews: Gale In Context Elementary<https://www.ohionet.org/event/odo-gale-in-context-elementary>

As always, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org> with any questions you might have!

Cheers,

Shelly