[OPLINLIST] LinkedIn Learning Updates - Please note the March 31 deadline!

Christine Morris christine at oplin.ohio.gov
Mon Feb 28 10:59:55 EST 2022

Greetings,

Here are some important updates about LinkedIn Learning for your library.

*Last Chance for Patron History Migration*
The good news: there is still time for patrons to access their old
Lynda.com accounts and retain that history.  The bad news: the deadline for
doing that is the end of this month.  According to the folks at LinkedIn
Learning, "From *March 31st, 2022*, any patrons who have not yet logged
into LinkedIn Learning for Library will not have their Lynda history
migrated over."

Although there is no way to reach out to individual patrons with old
Lynda.com accounts, you might consider sharing this message (or a similar
one) in your patron newsletters or on your website:

*Lynda.com Learners - Last chance to keep your learning history*
>From now until March 31, anyone with a Lynda.com account can still keep all
of their learning history intact by creating a new LinkedIn Learning profile
<http://ohioweblibrary.org/db/linkedinlearning> *(alternative: link to your
local resource page)*.  Ask us how to get started!

*Help Us Help You with LinkedIn Learning*
With many thanks to everyone who attended the LinkedIn Learning webinar for
Ohio libraries in January, we would like to do a follow-up session this
spring.  This time, we would like to focus on your specific needs and give
a chance for folks to share their best practices.  Please let us know how
we can support you by giving us a little feedback:
http://oplin.org/go/LiLfeedback.  There are nine questions, and at least
five of them are really easy.  If you can share 3-5 minutes of your time,
we can better focus our efforts to support you and your patrons.

*New Skills for March *
There are 33 new skills available
<https://www.linkedin.com/business/learning/blog/new-courses/33-new-skills-you-can-learn-on-linkedin-learning-this-week-feb-22>
in LinkedIn Learning, starting this week. Whether you’re learning to
improve your memory or honing your cloud architecture skills, they have you
covered on those topics and more.

If you have any questions about LinkedIn Learning, please don't hesitate to
reach out: christine at oplin.ohio.gov or 614-728-5252!

Sincerely,

Christine
--