[OPLINLIST] library card request from non-resident

Joe Knueven joe at wilmington.lib.oh.us
Fri Jan 7 11:18:48 EST 2022

I would double check your policies, but most of the libraries I've worked in over the years had something that restricted cards to people associated with Ohio, which makes it easier to decline the request.

For instance, Wilmington's policy states in part "Anyone who lives, works, or attends school in Ohio may apply for a library card."

If I got that request, I would decline the request based on that policy.

Alternately, some libraries, especially in border areas, will allow folks out of state to get a library card, but will charge a fee (auspiciously, to make up folks associated with the state paying in the form of taxes and someone out of state not).

Best of luck.

Joe

---- On Fri, 07 Jan 2022 10:32:01 -0500 Sandy Thaxton via OPLINLIST <oplinlist at lists.oplin.org> wrote ----

Happy Friday everyone!

A gentleman in Miami Florida is requesting a library card from us. He doesn't want a card closer to his residence.

Has anyone received this kind of query and did you fulfill the request?

Sandy

--
Sandy
Thaxton