[OPLINLIST] Facilities Technician - West Chester OH

Terri Manney tmanney at midpointelibrary.org
Fri Sep 9 15:46:12 EDT 2022

MidPointe Library – Facilities Technician – Full Time

Our mission is to enrich our community through access & experiences. We do that by connecting a diverse & curious community to our library services & we strive to provide a positive learning experience to all.

This position will be based out of the West Chester Library, and work at other branch locations, until the new Liberty Library opens fall of 2024. You'll provide our patrons with an enjoyable library experience by keeping the facility & grounds neat & clean & the building is ready for patron & staff use.

As a facilities technician, your day would start with ensuring that the building infrastructure, including the HVAC, electrical, & plumbing systems are operating properly. You would also be proactive in maintaining the library facilities, equipment, & grounds at your home base location as well as other assigned locations, by providing minor equipment, plumbing & electrical repairs, HVAC, painting, carpentry, preventative maintenance, & general maintenance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MidPointe is located on the east side of Butler County, Ohio in a vibrant, dynamic, diverse community that enjoys community support. Nestled between Cincinnati and Dayton, the county has a wide variety of schools, entertainment, dining experiences, sports, and cultural events. We have something for everyone!

To Be Successful, you:

  *   High school diploma or equivalent required. Completion of a specialty technical program desired.
  *   Must have Ohio driver's license with an acceptable motor vehicle record and continuous insurability on the library's insurance.
  *   Must have a good working knowledge of and have the ability to use computer-controlled HVAC systems, power cleaning & polishing tools, hand & power tools, painting/patching materials, snow removal equipment, use supplies to clean up bodily fluids in a safe manner.
  *   Must be able to meet deadlines, be efficient, prioritize workflow, work on multiple projects simultaneously, be proactive, work independently, and work in teams.
  *   Must have computer skills that include e-mail, ticketing help system, lighting systems, HVAC controls, and word processing.
  *   Must be able to learn and carry out the responsibilities of the assigned position.
  *   Must be able to effectively speak, listen, read (including sketches, diagrams, blueprints & cursive), and write in English.
  *   Must be able to work primarily days and respond to emergency calls. Some work may occur in the evenings or weekends as needed.
  *   Must have regular physical attendance as required.

Hours:

40 hours per week primarily days, with some evenings, weekends and handling emergency calls as needed.

Rate of Pay:

The pay range is $15.74 - $24.89 and depends on experience and applicable certifications.

Physical Requirements:

-Work with equipment such as buffers, carpet cleaners, vacuum cleaners, cleaning equipment, 25' ladders, manlifts, cleaners, solvents and other chemicals.

-Must be able to lift object up to 75 pounds and move objects up to 150 pounds.

Benefits:

Full-time benefits include state retirement; direct deposit; medical, health savings account, dental, vision, and life insurance; accrued vacation, sick time, and short term disability; paid holiday's and floating holidays; personal time; EAP; granted emergency paid sick leave for Covid sickness time off purposes; education assistance; attendance to workshops & training; and more.

Apply:

Complete a required MidPointe Library System employment application found at: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6138957.jobs?ShowAllOpenings.

Inquiries:

-The full job description for this opening is available on our website at: https://www.midpointelibrary.org/page/jobs.

-Please, only call the library if you need assistance in completing the required online application.

Terri Manney
Human Resources Assistant
MidPointe Library System
125 S Broad St