[OPLINLIST] Alert: Home Title Lock Infomercial

Stuart Gibbs SGibbs at libraryvisit.org
Tue Apr 25 12:50:40 EDT 2023

Hello,
Recently locally we have a seen a huge push in Home Title Lock Infomercials.  Citizens don't need to pay a high fee for an alert service.

Most county auditors have a free program local citizens can sign up for to alert them if titles change.  Please help out citizens by sharing this information.

Fraud Alert and Monitoring Service for Home Title and Deeds
March 29, 2023

Currently, infomercials tell us to buy a property fraud protection service to alert you to changes in records with your home. However, Mahoning and Trumbull Counties offer a monitoring and alert system at no cost!

Mahoning County's Property Fraud Alert, opens a new window<https://pfa.fidlar.com/OHMahoning> is a free online subscription offered to the public that allows them to have their name monitored within the Recorder's office. To learn more, visit this post, opens a new window<https://www.mahoningcountyoh.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=277&ARC=416> from the Mahoning County Recorder's Office.

Trumbull County provides residents with "AlertMe," a free software tool that notifies you via email when a document containing your referenced name has been recorded. To learn more, visit this page, opens a new window<https://www.co.trumbull.oh.us/recorder/rs_alertme.html> on the Trumbull County Recorder's Office website.

More information can be found with our county recorder’s offices.

Mahoning County Recorder's Office
330-740-2345
120 Market Street
1st Floor
Youngstown, OH 44503
www.mahoningcountyoh.gov/215/Recorder, opens a new window<http://www.mahoningcountyoh.gov/215/Recorder>

Trumbull County Recorder's Office
330-675-2401
160 High Street NW
Warren, OH 44481

www.co.trumbull.oh.us/recorder<http://www.co.trumbull.oh.us/recorder>

Best,
Stuart

Stuart Gibbs, M.L.I.S., M.A.Ed. (he/his)

Business and Grant Librarian

Public Library of Youngstown and Mahoning County

305 Wick Ave

Youngstown, OH 44503

330-744-8636 x50090

sgibbs at libraryvisit.org

"Where to go, when you need to know." -Main Library's Motto

"Do not wait until you are needed – rather make yourself needed today" -Unknown

"There is no shortage of worth while work to be done.   And no surplus of seasons in which to do it."-Madeleine Albright