[OPLINLIST] Library On Wheels Associate - Middletown Ohio

Terri Manney tmanney at midpointelibrary.org
Fri Jun 30 12:53:11 EDT 2023

MidPointe Library System - Full Time – Library On Wheels

We have a full-time opening for a customer-oriented individual who likes to be out and about in the community visiting schools, senior centers & participating in neighborhood events & parades. To thrive in this environment, you’ll need customer service, but you don’t need library experience, we can teach you!

At MidPointe, our mission is to enrich our community through access and experiences. We do that by connecting a curious community to our services & strive to provide a positive learning experience.

Based out of Middletown, our Library On Wheels (LOW) department provides library services outside of our buildings, such as on our bookmobile, providing our community with excellent customer service by giving reading recommendations; providing computer assistance; creating library cards; assisting with check in & check out; and giving instruction on how to use the online card catalog, the Internet, and other digital devices & resources. They also process holds & reserves; look up materials; sort; shelve; pull holds; and use lists to pull materials.

MidPointe is located on the east side of Butler County, Ohio in a vibrant, dynamic, diverse community that enjoys community support. Nestled between Cincinnati and Dayton, the area has a wide variety of schools, entertainment, dining experiences, sports, and cultural events. We have something for everyone!

To be successful, you will need to:

  *   Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
  *   Have a valid driver's license with an acceptable motor vehicle record & continuous insurability on the library's insurance.  No CDL license needed.
  *   Must be able to safely drive, ride & work in all library fleet vehicles, including the 30' bookmobile, as well as operate all controls of all the vehicles.
  *   Must be friendly, approachable & provide a positive experience to patrons.
  *   Must have excellent customer service, a strong service ethic, problem-solving skills & adapt rapidly to change.
  *   Must have computer experience that includes MS Office & the Internet.
  *   Need to be able to independently quickly & favorably respond to new or changed responsibilities and/or situations, prioritize & handle confidential information.
  *   Have a good knowledge of literature that appeals to children, teens & adults.
  *   Must be able to effectively read (including cursive), write, speak & understand English.
  *   Must have sufficient clarity of speech and hearing & respond effectively to alarms, traffic, etc.
  *   Must have sufficient visual acuity to distinguish letters, words & numbers.
  *   Regular & predictable physical attendance is required.

Hours: 40 hours per week including days, evenings & occasional holidays. A sample work schedule:

Mon 8am-5pm, Tues 8am-5pm, Wed 10am-7pm, Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri – off, Sat 8am-5pm, Sun – off.

Salary: The pay range is $15.50 – $22.00, depending on job factors such as experience, education, and skills.

Benefits: Full-time benefits include state retirement plan; direct deposit; medical, health savings account, wellness, dental, vision, and life insurance; accrued vacation, sick & short-term disability; granted personal time & floating holidays; paid holidays; education assistance; granted Emergency Paid Sick Leave for Covid sickness usage; employee assistance plan, and more.

Physical Requirements:

 -Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate library equipment that will enable assurance of position requirements. When necessary, must shovel snow, and empty trash.

-Must be able to regularly move up to 30 pounds of library materials up and down vehicle steps; move crates that could weigh up to 50 pounds when full on and off all library vehicles; and move book carts that, when full, could weigh up to 200 pounds

-Must be able to work indoors & outdoors in areas that may contain cleaning odors, dust, or other possible allergens.

Apply: Complete a required MidPointe Library System employment application found at: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6138957.jobs?ShowAllOpenings. A resume & cover letter may be uploaded with your application.

Inquiries:

The full job description for this opening is available on our website  https://www.midpointelibrary.org/page/jobs.

Please, only call the library if you need assistance in completing an application for the required online submission.

Terri Manney
Human Resources Assistant
MidPointe Library System
125 S Broad St