[OPLINLIST] Seasonal Shelver - West Chester Ohio

Terri Manney tmanney at midpointelibrary.org
Fri May 5 16:09:23 EDT 2023

MidPointe Library - Shelver – Seasonal Part Time – West Chester, Ohio

You don't need library experience for one of our six seasonal shelver openings, we can teach you!

Our mission is to enrich our community through access & experiences. For the time period of

May 22, 2023 through August 19, 2023 you can help fulfill our mission at our West Chester Library!

As a shelver, working 20 hours per week, you'll provide excellent customer service to our patrons by accurately and efficiently shelving library materials back onto the shelves, making sure you shelve numerically or alphabetically in the proper order. You'll also use the conveyor belt machinery to check items in, pull books from the shelves for holds & discards, and give directional information.

To Be Successful, you will need to:

  *   Must be at least 16 years of age.
  *   Prior computer experience is needed.
  *   Must be able to file numerically and alphabetically.
  *   Must have attention to detail, be accurate, organized, and able to prioritize.
  *   Must be able to work independently and with others.
  *   Must possess sufficient manual dexterity & visual acuity as needed for the position.
  *   Must be able to effectively read (including cursive), write, speak, and understand English.
  *   Must be able to work in areas that may contain dust or other possible allergens.
  *   Regular and predictable physical attendance is required.

Hours:

20 hours per week, five 4-hour shifts per week,

hours are flexible between Mon-Thurs 8 am - 8 pm,

Fri & Sat 8 am - 5 pm.

A sample schedule is:

Week 1: Mon 8am - 12 noon, Tues 8am - 12 noon,

Wed 9am - 1 pm, Th 9am - 1 pm, Sat 9am - 1 pm

Week 2: Mon 8am-12 noon, Tues 8am - 12 noon,

Wed 4 - 8 pm, Thurs 4-8 pm, Fri 1 - 5 pm

Rate of Pay:

$12.10 per hour.

Benefits (seasonal employee only):

State retirement (OPERS); direct deposit; and holiday pay.

Physical Requirements:

-Must have the ability to reach, move book crates that could weigh up to 75 pounds when full, and move book carts that could weigh up to 200 pounds when full.

-Must be able to work in areas that may contain cleaning odors, dust or other possible allergens.

-Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate library equipment including the conveyor belt check-in system.

Apply:

Complete a required MidPointe Library System employment application found at: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6138957.jobs?ShowAllOpenings.

Inquiries:

The full job description for this opening is available on our website at: https://www.midpointelibrary.org/page/jobs<https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6138957.jobs?ShowAllOpenings>, or click on the QR code below. Please, only call the library if you need assistance in completing the required online application.

[cid:77e9d499-dd43-4f86-a5c7-2723ac660ef2]

Terri Manney
Human Resources Assistant
MidPointe Library System
125 S Broad St