[OPLINLIST] Online Learning Opportunities from UW-Madison iSchool & Power Up Call for Proposals

UW iSchool CE ce-info at ischool.wisc.edu
Tue May 9 10:50:04 EDT 2023

Advocacy Crash Courses: Champion Your Public Library!

August Webinar Series

12-1 pm CST, Mondays & Thursdays

$50 registration or save 20% and register for all 5!

  *   Engage and Thrive! Leverage Community Engagement for Advocacy, Aug 3

  *   Say it Loud: Advocating for your Library’s Values on Social Media, Aug 7

  *   Data Visualization Basics for Non-Graphic Designers, Aug 10

  *   Library Advocacy: Telling Your Story with the Voice of Place, Aug 14

  *   Fine-Tuning Your Presentations, Aug 17

Register now: go.wisc.edu/library-advocacy<http://go.wisc.edu/library-advocacy>

Online Summer Courses

Serve your community better with instructor-led courses. 10% early-bird discounts automatically applied when you register at least two weeks early!

Strategies for Supervising Part-Time Employees<https://ischool.wisc.edu/continuing-education/part-time-staff>, Jul 10 – Aug 20
This course explores how we can be strategic as supervisors and colleagues of part-time staff to engage, motivate, and empower all employees on our team. Discover practical strategies based in structural empowerment theory to create a culture that encourages employees across all levels to be change-agents at your organization.

  *   Library Security: Training for Worst Case Scenarios and Everyday Conflicts, Jun 5 – Jul 16
  *   Genealogy Library Services, Jun 19 – July 30
  *   NEW! Sexual and Reproductive Health Information at the Library, Jul 17 – Aug 13
  *   NEW! What’s the Buzz?: Creating Organic Social Media Content with Wings, Jul 24 – Aug 20

See full course offerings: https://ischool.wisc.edu/continuing-education

Power Up: A Leadership Conference for Youth Services Managers & Staff
Call for Proposals Open!
The Power Up Conference Committee wants your program proposals for Power Up 2024 to be held March 21-22, 2024, in Madison, WI. Every selected session will receive one complimentary conference registration. Submit your idea by August 6th, 2023.

We are also excited to announce our keynotes for the conference.  Our opening keynote will be Past President of ALSC and REFORMA and award-winning author Lucia Gonzalez. Closing out the conference will be Mimi Ito, author of eight books, including Hanging Out, Messing Around, and Geeking Out: Youth Living and Learning with New Media.

Conference details & to submit your proposal: ischool.wisc.edu/power-up/2024<https://ischool.wisc.edu/power-up/2024>

Please contact ce-info at ischool.wisc.edu with any questions.