[OPLINLIST] Thank you & farewell!

Anne Lowery alowery at seolibraries.org
Wed Nov 22 09:58:34 EST 2023

Just a quick note to thank my many colleagues and friends in the Ohio
library world for all of the passion and support you
have shown for our libraries over the past 23 years. I am officially
retired as of next Thursday after 37 years of public service.
  Lindsey Byron will be taking over here at New London and I know she
will also enjoy the great support, professionalism and knowledge of all
of you.
Thanks especially to the SEO & OPLIN Teams for making all of us look
brilliant.

As I begin the next chapter of my journey, I will close with the hope
that our profession remembers our love of books, reading, information and
culture and stays clear of the political noise that is tearing this
country apart.  We do not exist to become social workers - there are
lots of agencies
that have that mission and expertise. We are here to feed the mind;
especially of the next generation of readers. Please keep that as your
focus.
God Bless and thank you for everything you do for our libraries!

Anne

--
Anne Lowery, MLIS
Director